Noticed today that the VZW apps(Navigator, Tones, My Verizon Mobile) were update today. Hopefully a good sign, since this is the excuse that VZW gave about not being able to upgrade the phones to cyan.
    12-12-2014 03:06 PM
    Interesting. It would be good if this unblocked the update.
    12-12-2014 03:57 PM
    Interesting but the update dates in the Windows Phone store show it's been quite a while since this junk was updated and I didn't get a notification from the store about updates.
    12-12-2014 04:24 PM
    That is a good sign. I don't have Verizon, or a Verizon device (I have Cyan on my Lumia 820/AT&T), but I've been wanting to switch to Verizon (for coverage reasons). If I see the Verizon phones get updated by the end of the year, I'll switch.
    12-12-2014 04:30 PM
    I find it interesting that you have Navigator and Tones on your phone. I thought those were basically bloatware and useless apps. You know you can remove those right??
    msft_tinkering likes this.
    12-12-2014 06:50 PM
    Ha. I uninstalled all of those so i didn't know there was an update to them :) Love Windows Phones for that!
    12-12-2014 08:31 PM
    Noticed today that the VZW apps(Navigator, Tones, My Verizon Mobile) were update today. Hopefully a good sign, since this is the excuse that VZW gave about not being able to upgrade the phones to cyan.
    Where did you hear that Verizon is holding the Cyan update because of its apps? It's only speculation that that was the case.
    12-13-2014 12:16 AM
    All day one deletes.
    12-13-2014 04:08 AM
    Where did you hear that Verizon is holding the Cyan update because of its apps? It's only speculation that that was the case.
    Verizon Lumia Cyan update reverts to 'Under Development' as delay continues | Windows Central
    jazz70 and Marquis de Faux like this.
    12-13-2014 04:33 AM
    We have known this to be the reason for a month now

"Nokia confirmed with me that the reason Verizon is holding up the Cyan firmware update for the Lumia Icon is because Verizon is demanding that their phone apps (VZ Navigator, My Verizon, Voicemail, etc.) work "perfectly" on the device before they will approve the Cyan firmware update. They sent the Cyan firmware update back to Microsoft for "development changes" to ensure this happens."

the delay to put out the update because of the apps is not surprising because VZ does it on droids all the time also but the difference this time is the extreme length of the delay and the apparent low priority VZ has for the WP platform
    Last edited by jazz70; 12-13-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    12-13-2014 07:11 AM
    weird when I open the store up I can't find any Verizon apps. when I search and just type in Verizon nothing comes up? I also don't have the "Verizon collection" showing up on the store anymore....anybody else?
    12-13-2014 08:33 AM
    All of my Windows phones from Verizon (822 & Icon) updated to Denim today. Hey Cortana is not working on the Icon - Any ideas?
    jacob103 likes this.
    12-13-2014 09:08 AM
    Are you being foreal????? Did Verizon pull their head out of their a$$??
    DavidinCT likes this.
    12-13-2014 09:18 AM
    In TN: 929, DP 8.1, Black. No updates available.
    12-13-2014 09:42 AM
    All of my Windows phones from Verizon (822 & Icon) updated to Denim today. Hey Cortana is not working on the Icon - Any ideas?
    Nokia Lumias grab Extras + Info update, causes false Lumia Denim firmware sightings | Windows Central
    12-13-2014 09:47 AM
    I had noticed the other day that My Verizon had updated. (My Verizon being the only one of their app suite that I had a use for). I also choose to view this as a positive.
    12-13-2014 09:55 AM
    My bad. Somebody was starting a rumor on another thread that Verizon was trying to make it so you couldn't uninstall its apps.

I checked my update history and I haven't gotten the My Verizon update... That is the only Verizon app I used as well.
    12-13-2014 11:53 AM
    Based on the comments I looked at the dates of the apps, and they were from last Sept. I had to do a hard reset several days ago due to the last preview update. Not sure why the apps then updated a day and half after. So the bottom line is that they haven't been updated recently. Sorry for any confusion
    12-13-2014 06:43 PM
    Now all your verizon folks need to wait for is another 5 months before Cyan can even roll out :P
    12-13-2014 06:47 PM
    The My Verizon App is their only usfull app.
    I don't pay for ring tones cause I make them myself.
    There are plenty of apps to do this for you as well, for free. Why would I pay Verizon for what I think (when I checked it out)
    a bunch of useless and stupidly slapped together ring tones that can be made for free.
    The VZ Navigator has always been garbage and I have better Nav Apps that I use (Here Drive is very decent, preloaded and free)
    VZ Acceories = useless
    Visual VoiceMail = pointless imo ,, while the app is free, the service is not.
    Backup Assistant Plus = Pointless, my Contacts are already backed up and available on every single Windows device and PC I own. All Apps and settings are backed up to One Drive.

The VZW Apps are garbage and pointless, except for one, the My Verizon App. And even it has issues from time to time
    and I can live without it.

As for the person that stated they got Denim on their VZW phone, or eluded to it. No, you didn't.
    msft_tinkering, jazz70 and Tjarren like this.
    12-14-2014 02:23 PM
    Based on the comments I looked at the dates of the apps, and they were from last Sept. I had to do a hard reset several days ago due to the last preview update. Not sure why the apps then updated a day and half after. So the bottom line is that they haven't been updated recently. Sorry for any confusion
    I am glad you posted it because in my situation I uninstall all the VZ bloat-ware first thing so I wouldn't have any idea when they are updated

when the apps are updated and working "perfectly" hopefully it will mean the OTA will be released soon after
    12-14-2014 04:54 PM
    My bad. Somebody was starting a rumor on another thread that Verizon was trying to make it so you couldn't uninstall its apps.

I checked my update history and I haven't gotten the My Verizon update... That is the only Verizon app I used as well.
    I just realized that I also have NFL Mobile as well. So I have two Verizon apps. NFL Mobile is a pretty decent app too. The rest are garbage.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    12-14-2014 08:55 PM