Intermittent Text Messages

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I started with an intermittent text receiving issue a couple of days ago. Text will work fine, then they stop. After the that the only way to get them working again is a reboot. Called VZW, they ran tests on their side, etc. I'm thinking this is on the phone side.

This morning, the text app is giving me the "resuming" msg. and also started crashing. Also some other apps are crashing like looking at pictures.

Seems like a hard reset is needed here? I'm out of town, won't be back for 2 weeks. Need the phone to work, so if I hard reset, will I be in a need of a wifi to get the phone operational again?

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
when you do the hard reset you will need wifi to install back the apps from the store that have been erased, and you need internet connection to log in with your microsoft account on the phone

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Also just noticed that all photos and videos I take are showing up as the same date. 7/31. Still out of town. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Also just noticed that all photos and videos I take are showing up as the same date. 7/31. Still out of town. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

That is weird. How about shutting down your phone remove and reseat the SIM card, and the restart. The SIM card is part of messaging and making calls and could be the culprit. As far as the other apps, which apps in particular? You can try to uninstall and reinstall them.

If none of that works, then yes a hard reset may be in order. You don't need WiFi to do it, but if your hotel has it, then use it. It will eat into your data plan severely if you are not on WiFi.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Phone continued getting worse, to the point of all main apps like email, photos etc. just crashing within a few seconds. I would have to power off and on and then have a couple of minutes to read emails. Would not send emails either. I'm back now, so I hard reset and everything is working fine now. And yes I was lazy and restored from backup. So far so good. Figured if the restore started the same, I would hard reset again and then install from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon