Do Your Co-Workers **** you off?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a tea cup. Everyone has their tea cup. My tea cup has sentimental value as my dad sent it for me when he was working in Colombia. It's a nice tea cup written "Cartagena" on it.

I love my cup, and apparently so does everyone else in this office. It's not your cup. Why are you using it? I would not go into the kitchen and see a cup that is clearly not mine and use it.

The first person I saw using my cup, never used it again after I spoke to them about it. Great! But then, after hunting around the building going from office to office, I noticed one of the directors was using my cup.

I spoke to her about it. She apologized. THE NEXT DAY SHE WAS USING MY CUP AGAIN! What?! Come on!

I spoke to her about it again. Again, she apologized. She did not use it for a few days and then I saw her with it again. Boy was I pissed.

This went on for quite some time and she kept using my cup over and over. So I decided that I would have to keep my cup at my desk when I'm finished with it because apparently , she loves the cup more than me. I did this for about a month and my cup and I enjoyed a lot of tea together.

Yesterday, someone (I suspect it's the cleaner) , took my cup to the kitchen and washed it.

So when I come to work this morning.. Guess who is using my cup..... I spoke to her again and she's all like "I just love the grip on this cup" .........................

Boy, does she **** me off. Do you guys have any annoying co workers like this? I can't be the only one.

My cup:

WP_20130313_002.jpg

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me you are blaming people for your own neglegence. Why are you leaving this item laying around in the first place? I doubt these other people are taking this item off your desk. Keep it at your desk and no-one with mess with it.

That fact you are approaching these people about something so trival could put you into a bad position down the road.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is messed up. Someone in authority doing it...even worse. People should not use what is not theirs unless permission is asked for and received by the owner. Of course, maybe the director likes more than just the cup?

Seriously, though, why would anyone want to use someone else's cup? You don't know what they put in that thing, nor where it's been? Perhaps putting an unpleasant substance on the grip might change the perps mind?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I keep my coffee mugs etc at my desk. Anyone who has personal items like that should do so.

I do find it odd that your cleaning people took it off your desk to was it. The should interfere with any items on peoples desks. I would inform management regarding the cleaning personal.

In regards to coworkers using it, well if you leave it in the common break room, that will happen.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion would be either 1 of 2 things:

1. Leave all sentimental things at home. Accidents happen. If someone breaks your mug, there is no way to replace it....it came from your dad. I would bring a regular mug to use. That way, if something happens to it, you're ok with it.

2. Buy a few mugs to leave in the kitchen, and leave your mug at your desk and out of sight.

When I was a child, I loved using my mom's favorite cups too, even though she kept asking me not to! I just gravitated towards it LOL! So it looks like your Favorite' cup has also become someone else's favorite as well, thus the reason why they're now attached to it. Hint: if you use option #2, I would suggest buying a few unique textured mugs and giving them as gifts to those who adored your mug. Let them know how unique and special their new mug is...hopefully they'll forget about yours, and if someone else uses their mug, they'll remember how you felt...gift given, lesson learned! :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, I would just keep my cup in my desk. It's YOURS, after all, so why put it in a universal place where everyone would have access to it? I have a favorite mug that I got from one of my past jobs and I used it there. I always used it, then washed it and brought it back with me to my desk to keep it there. If you do the same, you won't have to worry about this rude woman using your cup.

operauser

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly how u feel.My college uses my phone all the time (red L920).BTW - since portico - are live tiles on mug updating regularly?I'm asking coz my mug gets bit overheated and tiles don't update after playing even some 5 minutes.Any solutions?

The first person I saw using my cup, never used it again after I spoke to them about it. Great! But then, after hunting around the building going from office to office, I noticed one of the directors was using my cup.
What a small world.I had a college in some software provider company - Steven E.He was kinda nice guy but every time we were working in same office my meals (made by my own mom) started to disappear.The only way to get rid of this was firing the person.I feel bit sorry about him and i hope he can start from the clear list now.Steven E - If you had readed this ,just forgive me and others.Hope u have a great success in new company.

Edited:Steven!Don't eat other peoples meals!!!!Ask ur own mom or whatever.From wife in the future.Perhaps...

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Get some thumb sucking deterrent liquid. Apply a good coating on the inside and around the rim of the cup. Repeat each morning for two weeks. Problem solved.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what people have suggested here. Why would you leave something of (sentimental or otherwise) value in a common place where anyone could take/use/steal/break it?

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, they do. My gripe's newspapers. I have big trouble here. First, I don't mind anybody reading my newspaper, as long as they ask me first. It's only polite. If I wanted to read somebody else's newspaper I'd ask them if I could. Second, could you not read my newspaper over my shoulder, please. That's just plain rude. Third, a case I'll never forget. Reading my newspaper and a girl sits down beside me, along with her dappy girl mate. As I read my paper, girl spots an article she likes, so she kind of stops me turning the pages over so she can read it. Being polite I go with it. However, after she's been reading the article (in my newspaper) for about five minutes I've had enough. I turn the page. Then, her dappy girl mate looks at me in horror as if I've committed some war crime and exclaims "She was reading that!". WTF? If you want to read a newspaper buy your f'ing own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon