When Technology Fails - Your Chance to Rant

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
(Also, when technology just seems to outright shaft you). I'll start with one where technology just seems to outright shaft me. Also, before anyone says "Oh you didn't select them all", I did the Mac equivalent of Ctrl + A (I was in Mac OS when backing up my photos) to select them all.

Lost all my photos from my Nokia Lumia 920. Had them backed up to my laptop but then I had to reinstall Windows 8 and offloaded them to the Mac partition (It's a MacBook Pro), so I could reset the partitions allowing me a fresh install. All my stuff backed up, except one folder, which housed 95% of my Nokia Lumia 920 photos, including photos I was planning to get canvassed and sent out to some people I get along really well with. Reset the partitions... Photos missing. Only spotted the problem when I tried to get a photo to edit for my 16-25 railcard. URGH! DARN YOU MAC OS!

Rant over.

Share your rants of where technology is just your outright enemy and causes you problems.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's why i always backup pics to SkyDrive. They only come off when stored on bluray, and whacked in the garage.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
At work when I was connecting monitor to the computer/workstation via VGA cable, it wouldn't display so I did a restart still nothing, check to see if the connection was connected properly after a while a realised that I was connecting the VGA to the wrong port. :angry:

I was connecting it too the on board motherboard VGA port where I should have used the graphics card port (whoops but in my defense there were a lot of stairs and it was in the morning). :angel:

The life of IT Technician never dull. :wink:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Seriously not trying to make a ****** comment but tech failed me while using Android phones. I don't know how many times I had to reinstall apps because of issues (and plenty of lost pictures).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2