The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I'm a touch pissed at sport at the moment. It's added 45min to my journey home. Stupid football team made it to the playoffs. Hope they lose...
    Was it the cup? FA?
    05-13-2016 03:12 AM
    Well I got engaged the other day and I've had my head in Wordpress tonight. Fun!
    Congrats!
    05-13-2016 04:02 AM
    Was it the cup? FA?
    No idea. I don't personally care. The only care I have is when it affects me personally.

Thankfully the season is almost over.
    Rose640 and sahib lopez like this.
    05-13-2016 04:06 AM
    Instead of watching football we walked down to the seafront.
    uploadfromtaptalk1463130747949.jpguploadfromtaptalk1463130759621.jpg
    05-13-2016 04:12 AM
    The park is nearby.
    05-13-2016 04:12 AM
    Morning folks. Another day headed to you know where to do you know what...

G4 Approved
    05-13-2016 06:36 AM
    Friday is here...and I'm not terribly excited. These days, it's just another day.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-13-2016 07:50 AM
    So I'm starting my review for my 950. I think it's my best review yet!
    Counting the chickens before they hatch?
    05-13-2016 09:00 AM
    Going to drop kid at school and pickup bagel's at Noah's...can't wait for the Jalapeo shmear...
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-13-2016 09:01 AM
    And here I thought Sahib was just chicken with chicks...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-13-2016 09:07 AM
    Going to drop kid at school and pickup bagel's at Noah's...can't wait for the Jalapeo shmear...
    This week I've been eating my cinnamon raisin bagel with the homemade scallion cream cheese spread...man, that's good eating. A little fattening, but good eating...

G4 Approved
    05-13-2016 09:08 AM
    Well I got engaged the other day and I've had my head in Wordpress tonight. Fun!
    Congrats!
    05-13-2016 09:38 AM
    No idea. I don't personally care. The only care I have is when it affects me personally.

Thankfully the season is almost over.
    I guess it's a bit worse in England than in other countries, traffic wise. They don't pause at winter, so you're stuck with that traffic untill summer
    Just imagine what it's like in Germany where they have the biggest turn ups on games in Europe.
    05-13-2016 09:42 AM
    Hadn't been in gym for more than 2 weeks. Man it's nice to be back.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-13-2016 09:43 AM
    There's never a dull moment at work...

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez, Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2016 11:45 AM
    Nah I think it's my best one personally :) I'm taking time on it
    05-13-2016 12:43 PM
    It's nice that is Friday. Get to put away cloths and do chores that I normally don't get to do on the weekdays!
    05-13-2016 12:44 PM
    Lol, Americans from US embassy try to pronounce some Slovene words
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=53039228087
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2016 01:55 PM
    Pulling teeth at work today...and I ain't a dentist either...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2016 02:27 PM
    A rainy afternoon here in NYC...snuck out from work to get a half off frapp at Starbucks...today has been decent for me, so no major complaints...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2016 02:43 PM
    Review for the Microsoft Lumia 950
    Context: I figure I give some context before I start my review. I have come from the Nokia Lumia 810 and the Nokia Lumia 830. Those have been my main devices through the years. As you can tell I have been using windows phone since windows phone 8 but I have used iOS before I got my Lumia 810. I still use my iPod to this day. I am considered to be a medium user and as you can tell with my pervious devices I am a mid-range user so the 950 is overkill for me I dont play any games on my phone but I do listen to music. Ive always considered the 810 to be the best windows phone to date, there was something about the 810 that made me want to come back . With that being said now you know my background on phones and what led me to the 950

Intro:
    I have always been a midrange phone user, I never really needed the high end specs of flagship phones. While using the 830 as my daily driver I have always missed my 810 because the 830 felt like I had to baby it around since it had an aluminum side and fear it would dent. When the 950 came out it looked so much like my 810, and when some reviews came out, some mentioned that it looked like the 810. I knew I wasnt going to buy it any time soon but I had it in the back of my head that I was going to get the 950. Fast forward to April and something great happened. Microsoft was having a buy one 950 XL get one 950 free. At that moment I knew I was going to get the 950! When it came to my house I unboxed it and set it up. I used it for about 2 weeks putting it thought its paces to see if it really was like the 810 in the sense that it makes me want to come back to it. Will it pass my test or will it just be another Meh phone?

Hardware and specs:
    The device feels sturdy in the hand, the type that you know doesnt need a case. It has a hard soft plastic feel in the hand. The back cover is removable and upon close inspection the back edges have a slight curvature that molds to the hard stair edges of the 950. It feels like it contours to my hands. Supports Qi and PMA wireless changing. Its not heavy at all in fact its the same weight as my 830 weighing in at 5.29 ounces. Now to move on my favorite part of the phone the screen. One thing that I have missed about my 810 was the AMOLED panel. I dont mind LCD but with windows phone the deep blacks make windows phone pop. The ppi for this is at 564 compare that to the 217 on the 810 and 294 on the 830. To me that a lot of pixels but I dont really care since I was fine with the 810 ppi. That being the text is sharp and can easily read it and I can see this screen in the northern California sun. There is a red tint when the room is dark. Its great under normal circumstances but its only noticeable when the lights turn off and you can see it. The rest of the specs is as follows
    Camera: 20 megapixel f 1.9 tri color flash
    Storage: 32 GB (29 GB usable) expandable using SD card
    Ram: 3GB
    Battery: 3,000 mAh battery
    SoC: snapdragon 808
    Connections: USB Type-C
    There is a cool thing in my opinion that I enjoy using. That is the Iris scanning infra-red camera that signs you in into the phone. While it doesnt work 100% of the time it works for me 98%. It even works in the dark, how cool is that!

OS and daily usage:
    on my 950 I am currently on build 10.0.10586.318 but at this time of the review I was on 10.0.10586.242. My day starts at 5 am everyday Monday through Thursday and ends at 4 pm. I go to school so as a student being connected is necessary considering the emails and texts and phone calls and occasional music playing. Windows 10 works with my college with setting up with exchange. So thats a good sign. I have location setting on, cellular data on, Wi-Fi on, Bluetooth on, automatic brightness on, email is set to sync when things arrive. With that being said Battery life is awesome and lasts me through the whole day no problemimage1463179118.232839.jpg . I also have my Microsoft band connected on me. Texts come through and notifications show up. The band works fine on it. On a side note I was weary that the 950 would not be able to connect to T-Mobiles band 12. I went to ##3282## and to my eyes the EARFCN read: 5035 so I am glad it runs on T-Mobile native network. Dont ask me if it has WI-FI calling that horse has been beat to death so much it still feels it in its death. It does get hot from time to time and I can feel it when I am jumping to Tapatalk to other apps. Maybe its tapatalk but I am not going to hard reset my phone that is whack to do that when its just one app. I font experience any lag or stutter. No apps crash on me and everything is responsive. There is one thing that people fail to mention is the sound quality with headphones while listing to music. I listen to music from my commute from where I live to my college. Its a 45 min commute so music is a big part of my day. I still use my iPod touch 4th gen to listen to music. Comparing it to my iPod 4th gen the iPod blows the 950 out of the water when it comes to listening to music through headphones. It came out in 2010, thats 6 years and MSFT still cant make a phone that produces good sounding audio?! Dont even get me started on how behind MSFT is against the 5th gen. other than that, thats my only complaint.

Camera: I enjoyed using the 830 as a main shooter though I was never found of the single LED flash. Luckily the 950 comes with a triple LED flash colors are pink (or magenta) cyan, and yellow. The camera is an upgrade from the 830 in the sense that its faster at taking pictures. Also I like the fact that it comes with stereo rich captures mics that still wows me every time. Thought one thing I noticed is that colors on pictures tend to be on the cooler side but I think thats on images that has pink or magenta colors.

Performance: first and for most I do not like benchmarking phones because it doesnt tell you the whole story about a phone. It only tells how it compares to other phones. For the people who do like benchmarks here you go.

Conclusion: considering that it fits my needs (although overkill) and feels just like my 810, seriously it does, it is priced way too much at launch. If it was priced around 400$ I think it would be a great buy but for 540ish$ I wouldnt of have bought it. Sure it has great features and works like another other smartphone, I think Microsoft missed its chance with the 950. In my opinion if you are coming from a X20 phone, I think its a great phone and a definite buy. If you are coming from a X30 phone that would depend, anything under the 830 yeah I think about the 950 anything over the 830 and I would hold off from upgrading. As for me this is the phone I was waiting for and MSFT did say it was for the fans and Im happy with the 950. Ill call it the 810 v2. Ill wrap it up with my pros and cons
    Pros:
    runs windows mobile 10 great
    removable battery / SD expansion
    lasts me a whole day
    great camera
    charges really fast
    Cons
    Expensive
    Audio quality though headphones cant compare to apple
    Gets a bit hot under heavy loads
    Only comes in white and black
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 05-13-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    05-13-2016 05:22 PM
    so I posted my review on this thread but its marked as spam :/ nvm it got fixed
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 05-13-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2016 05:23 PM
    so I posted my review on this thread but its marked as spam :/ nvm it got fixed
    Because it was a really long post the system flagged it. I went ahead and approved your review post and deleted the duplicates. Nice work Sahib.
    05-13-2016 05:38 PM
    Because it was a really long post the system flagged it. I went ahead and approved your review post and deleted the duplicates. Nice work Sahib.
    Ah okay at first I though it got deleted or something because the app gave me no indication that it was flagged as spam. Thanks
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2016 05:43 PM
    Lol it feels like I did a homework assignment . Now I can cross that off my list of things to do . Let my weekend begin
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2016 05:53 PM
142,805 ... 49394940494149424943 ...