Rue, I figure you'll watch the Brexit negotiations with a keen interest. Maybe they need to send Buckethead in there to have a good shot..
    Buckethead would be better than any of the government. There are some real slimeballs back on the frontbench again...
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 08:59 AM
    Well this has been an interesting news day.

Here in the UK I work up to news of Towering Inferno here in London. That has been probably one of my greatest fears of living in an apartment complex. It looks absolutely horrific.

Then at lunch today I hear of someone trying to do a mass shooting of Republicans... (humour here) and failing miserably... I wonder what their thoughts on gun control are now... I guess it depends on how much they get from the NRA.

I'm not an advocate of violence but if you're going to do a mass shooting of Republicans make sure you don't miss FFS!

(that last line is a joke if you're wondering, but I do love the irony).

Anyway..
    Whoa that's a lot going on.

Ha, the irony is great there.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-14-2017 09:00 AM
    Buckethead would be better than any of the government. There are some real slimeballs back on the frontbench again...
    Sounds like he had your vote...
    06-14-2017 09:00 AM
    I'm interested in a macabre way. I'm not really sure what's going to happen. There's all kinds of speculation. It will come down to how much the far right of the Tories have control and can push their agenda.

At the end of the day, this is not an issue for me. I'm not planning to stay in the UK. The only thing that could be an issue is if the talks fall apart immediately and things go pear shaped.

It's a weird situation to be honest. There's lots of blustering from the UK government and their Brexit supporters. They believe they have the upper hand... they don't but they like to think they do.
    They have about the same clue as Mr. Trump does in running the US government...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-14-2017 09:01 AM
    I didn't bother to vote as I refuse to participate in this country anymore and didn't even know Buckethead existed prior to seeing that John Oliver clip.

He was up for MP of Maidenhead, i don't live there so couldn't vote anyway.
    06-14-2017 09:19 AM
    If you can refrain from being sick, look up Ian Dunkin Smith and Micheal Gove. You should be able to tell just by looking at these individuals what they're like.

Gove is pretty much Murdoch's b*tch.
    06-14-2017 09:21 AM
    I didn't bother to vote as I refuse to participate in this country anymore and didn't even know Buckethead existed prior to seeing that John Oliver clip.

He was up for MP of Maidenhead, i don't live there so couldn't vote anyway.
    The question is, if you did live there, would he have your vote?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-14-2017 09:22 AM
    The question is, if you did live there, would he have your vote?
    For S&G yeah, why not?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-2017 09:23 AM
    For S&G yeah, why not?
    I think there there where some people who voted for Mr. Trump for S&G...and aren't !aughing as much right now...
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-14-2017 09:28 AM
    I think there there where some people who voted for Mr. Trump for S&G...and aren't !aughing as much right now...
    Sad part is that Lord Buckethead makes more sense than Trump.. and the Tories... sad but true.
    06-14-2017 09:32 AM
    Sad part is that Lord Buckethead makes more sense than Trump.. and the Tories... sad but true.
    Maybe if we bought lasers from him it would help to reduce crime!?
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-14-2017 09:40 AM
    You know, for all the grief about size and grip and for and in hand feel I give to Libra, compact phones are really nice. I think that's one of the things that I really enjoyed about the Mi 5 and what struck me with that last year's S7 and Pixel. Sometimes I don't want a slab of a phone...a pocket rocket such as those powerful compact models are great.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-14-2017 10:26 AM
    You know, for all the grief about size and grip and for and in hand feel I give to Libra, compact phones are really nice. I think that's one of the things that I really enjoyed about the Mi 5 and what struck me with that last year's S7 and Pixel. Sometimes I don't want a slab of a phone...a pocket rocket such as those powerful compact models are great.
    Haha, I agree. You're so right. I agree about those models from what I have heard about them (and experienced with the Pixel personally).
    06-14-2017 11:08 AM
    Haha, I agree. You're so right. I agree about those models from what I have heard about them (and experienced with the Pixel personally).
    Suprised you didn't try a S7.
    06-14-2017 11:13 AM
    Suprised you didn't try a S7.
    I have thought about it, but what I heard about the battery life stopped me. I kept hearing that it was bad so I never caved.
    06-14-2017 11:16 AM
    I have thought about it, but what I heard about the battery life stopped me. I kept hearing that it was bad so I never caved.
    99 owned one - and for a while too based on his standards - he would know. Plus they got the fast wireless charging.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 11:18 AM
    99 owned one - and for a while too based on his standards - he would know. Plus they got the fast wireless charging.
    I think I'm weird but I never got into wireless charging. That's probably because most of my phones never supported it. I'm curious about what his experience was like.
    06-14-2017 11:21 AM
    Simple...drop the phone on the pad and you're good to go. Samsung has faster wireless charging. I like it because I don't have to pull stuff into my port.

If I liked Samsung software, I'd own the S7.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 11:25 AM
    Simple...drop the phone on the pad and you're good to go. Samsung has faster wireless charging. I like it because I don't have to pull stuff into my port.

If I liked Samsung software, I'd own the S7.
    Nice! I don't think I can be bothered though to get wireless charging pads knowing that I'll probably always have an iPhone. Even buying the lightining earpods was an experience for me...
    06-14-2017 11:31 AM
    Nice! I don't think I can be bothered though to get wireless charging pads knowing that I'll probably always have an iPhone. Even buying the lightining earpods was an experience for me...
    $12 for the regular ones...and under $30 for the fast charging ones if you dig right...
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 11:35 AM
    S7 was okay. Ergonomics weren't as good as the other devices at least for me. Felt a bit heavy. Battery life was average. But fast charging helped a lot. I liked the S7edge better. I'm quite happy with the S8 right now. Their software doesn't bother me anymore and I used the Pixel for 6 months straight.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-14-2017 11:35 AM
    $12 for the regular ones...and under $30 for the fast charging ones if you dig right...
    Noted, that's not bad at all.
    06-14-2017 11:46 AM
    S7 was okay. Ergonomics weren't as good as the other devices at least for me. Felt a bit heavy. Battery life was average. But fast charging helped a lot. I liked the S7edge better. I'm quite happy with the S8 right now. Their software doesn't bother me anymore and I used the Pixel for 6 months straight.
    Hmm, interesting. That's good to know. Sounds like you made the right choice with sticking with the S8 \o/
    Did you like the edge better because of the battery life or was there another reason?

I don't know about trying the S7. I think I would rather get one for my sister instead.
    06-14-2017 11:51 AM
    Sometimes you get codes on slickdeals to get fast charging ones for $15 or less. I picked one up last year for around $10 I believe and gave it to my friend at work who bought my S7.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-14-2017 12:07 PM
    Hmm, interesting. That's good to know. Sounds like you made the right choice with sticking with the S8 \o/
    Did you like the edge better because of the battery life or was there another reason?

I don't know about trying the S7. I think I would rather get one for my sister instead.
    Size of phone vs screen size, battery life and that Coral Blue color were what I liked about the S7 edge.
    I compared my S7edge to the S8 and S8+ before settling on the S8. And since no blue color was offered I decided to go for the Orchid Grey.
    06-14-2017 12:08 PM
144,448 ... 53845385538653875388 ...