WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For MIA: this actually happened today.
540a800bc03300d3b74f0b67e970ca21.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like it so far, although I'm still using Nova Launcher Prime, so I won't see all the new features. Yikes! I thought you'd have Pie by now. I figured a device 2 generations newer wouldn't be ignored.
This is LG and software updates, sadly. I don't mind so much they're are behind on major OS updates, but they're are behind on BOTH security patches and major OS updates.

Unacceptable.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Had an interesting morning. Got down to -8C overnight and our water pipes froze. Luckily it's well above zero now and the water is working but it's made the morning a bit stressful for various reasons.

What's also odd is that the shower drain is clogging too and I have no idea why. The good part is that I can easily investigate.

The temps are supposed to go back up thankfully but need to sort this out today. Monday is an important day and can't be late, though I'm sure I'll be kept waiting...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It’s finally going to be raining here for the next 10 odd days on and off.

Going to change the oil in one of my cars.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Had an interesting morning. Got down to -8C overnight and our water pipes froze. Luckily it's well above zero now and the water is working but it's made the morning a bit stressful for various reasons.

What's also odd is that the shower drain is clogging too and I have no idea why. The good part is that I can easily investigate.

The temps are supposed to go back up thankfully but need to sort this out today. Monday is an important day and can't be late, though I'm sure I'll be kept waiting...
Good luck with that. Plumbing problems are horrid.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay so a slight variation in the recipe from a few days ago.

Spicy calabash rolls (from scratch, steamed, will pan fry them in a bit).
01f184d1d86065d1e260a4a5aa617139.jpg

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So it has been over a week since I got Poco. Time to do a mini review

I generally like it. Not bothered by the IPS screen too much anymore, being only FHD really never bothered me. I would prefer punchier colours but as said, I will survive. Typing is a bit weird though, some people are reporting ghost touches but I don't think I have that problem, It just seems it is a bit slow to response and not all that accurate. Might be just that ai was used to moto and way it's vibration type worked.

Camera in daylight makes so much better pictures than Moto it is not even funny, it is also faster (yay for SD845 ). At night time I didn't really do much of photography since the first day but you do need to take a bit of time for a nice picture and calm hand. Can't wait until Night sight works properly on GCam port.

Generally performance is great, I don't really have time to play games ( yay exam period in 2 weeks) to really push it but it doesn't lag( incredibly unexpected, I know // sarcasm). Love the battery, I charge it when I feel like it, I don't even charge it to full anymore and never over the night. I put it on the charger in the car when I go to school and I get 10% which is about what I would use if I'm not in school whole day. Same when I drive home. Battery is highlight of this phone, impressive, I think it is my first smartphone with a good battery though .

Software is fine, in that regard I liked Moto way more. Stock android and some genuinely useful features. I don't hate it, don't get me wrong, they kept some stuff Google removed from Pie and kudos for that. I mean, hey at least they give you chance to customise it out of the box. It works a bit odd, I put pixel icon pack on it but some icons over time go back to stock MIUI icons, others stay like they should. And notifications are kind of weird, why you unlock the phone you really need to check if you got something that didn't show on the lockscreen.

Well this is it, if anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask :)
be881248e2753b97ecad668dc37202d9.jpg
074bf67ce7c3aebbe1f2cc80910ba497.jpg
ec48b9d0bde5db177a575b63d450bc4e.jpg
e35fb95f1849bcf3a27e365b14de1de8.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good luck with that. Plumbing problems are horrid.
The drain appeared to clear itself thankfully. Possibly the low temps caused an issue.

I've put insulation on the piping I could reach easily but doubt it will be enough to prevent more freezing. I have an idea I'm going to trail but not sure it will work.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It’s finally going to be raining here for the next 10 odd days on and off.

Going to change the oil in one of my cars.
We've got rain coming unexpectedly. It was supposed to be sunny all week. Things change so rapidly here. Must be due to being close to the ocean.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So... Tomorrow is my residence card appointment. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Would create havoc if it doesn't. We got everything they want so unless they demand something unexpected should be easy. I'm hoping my having employment will be a positive thing. Usually helps in general.

Then this Thursday we're off to Versailles. Probably be back home in March after we move into the house. Might be sooner. Just depends.

We're having difficulty with getting a builder as well but I'm not in a hurry at this stage. We need some breathing room as the cost of all this moving is not cheap. That's one of the reasons why we might come back sooner if need be.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So... Tomorrow is my residence card appointment. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Would create havoc if it doesn't. We got everything they want so unless they demand something unexpected should be easy. I'm hoping my having employment will be a positive thing. Usually helps in general.

Then this Thursday we're off to Versailles. Probably be back home in March after we move into the house. Might be sooner. Just depends.

We're having difficulty with getting a builder as well but I'm not in a hurry at this stage. We need some breathing room as the cost of all this moving is not cheap. That's one of the reasons why we might come back sooner if need be.

I wish you good luck with everything. I'm amazed that you can keep your head on with all that's going on.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So it has been over a week since I got Poco. Time to do a mini review

I generally like it. Not bothered by the IPS screen too much anymore, being only FHD really never bothered me. I would prefer punchier colours but as said, I will survive. Typing is a bit weird though, some people are reporting ghost touches but I don't think I have that problem, It just seems it is a bit slow to response and not all that accurate. Might be just that ai was used to moto and way it's vibration type worked.

Camera in daylight makes so much better pictures than Moto it is not even funny, it is also faster (yay for SD845 ). At night time I didn't really do much of photography since the first day but you do need to take a bit of time for a nice picture and calm hand. Can't wait until Night sight works properly on GCam port.

Generally performance is great, I don't really have time to play games ( yay exam period in 2 weeks) to really push it but it doesn't lag( incredibly unexpected, I know // sarcasm). Love the battery, I charge it when I feel like it, I don't even charge it to full anymore and never over the night. I put it on the charger in the car when I go to school and I get 10% which is about what I would use if I'm not in school whole day. Same when I drive home. Battery is highlight of this phone, impressive, I think it is my first smartphone with a good battery though .

Software is fine, in that regard I liked Moto way more. Stock android and some genuinely useful features. I don't hate it, don't get me wrong, they kept some stuff Google removed from Pie and kudos for that. I mean, hey at least they give you chance to customise it out of the box. It works a bit odd, I put pixel icon pack on it but some icons over time go back to stock MIUI icons, others stay like they should. And notifications are kind of weird, why you unlock the phone you really need to check if you got something that didn't show on the lockscreen.

Well this is it, if anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask :)//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/be881248e2753b97ecad668dc37202d9.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/074bf67ce7c3aebbe1f2cc80910ba497.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/ec48b9d0bde5db177a575b63d450bc4e.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/e35fb95f1849bcf3a27e365b14de1de8.jpg

Great review, thank you for sharing! Aside from the icon glitch, it sounds like a decent fit for you. I'm glad that you were able to get it. I hope it continues to work well for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes