WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have a friend and her husband who do what you mentioned about walking. She's 15 minutes away walking and he's 5 minutes away walking from work. The tradeoff is that their apartment is really high and they can't have a car without paying in the city. They are also far from basically everything. The husband hates the city, he's just dealing with it because of her.

See this is an example of where things go wrong.

If you're in a place where you can walk to work but leaves you unhappy then there's no point being there. Especially if there's no lifestyle advantages.

Compromise is what's needed here and looking at the circumstances correctly. This will eventually blow up if not addressed soon.

Good luck to them.

Sounds like you have an idea of what you want but don't know exactly what your long term plans are by the sounds of it so are a bit nervous about committing to something. Which is understandable.

Future isn't always easy to predict. Sometimes life goes in a direction you didn't necessarily plan for. Which is why you can't plan for everything and why simple goal setting is better than going overboard with future planning.

Life is is an interesting journey.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't blame you. Enjoy your weekend, and I hope you'll get a chance to relax.
I'll see what I can do. Have really been churning that business idea in my head over more and more. I see that the name I have isn't registered yet in NYS. So that's a good thing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking about the getting a Verizon line for the business if I do this for the coverage. Ideally, I'd want a dual Sim that runs on Verizon. I'd prefer that it be a blackberry. I know I'm going to to do a lot of work on it, much of it confidential. I'd use a Xiaomi as a second option, but as this is a business device, blackberry security is really appealing to me with still letting me use the perks of Android.

Problem is only the Key2 LE is certified. I've seen in it stores - if I'm buying a Key2, I want a Key2, not the LE. The 636 chip isn't going to be powerful enough for what I want, that's why. I'd prefer the 128GB model, but the prices I've seen for those are outrageous. I'd take the 64GB to start out.

For where I want to work on the side, being mobile with as few equipment that's essential, mobile and confidential is going to be key. Lots to sort out on the practical side.

The mind is really working. Gonna need to bring in some people.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

See this is an example of where things go wrong.

If you're in a place where you can walk to work but leaves you unhappy then there's no point being there. Especially if there's no lifestyle advantages.

Compromise is what's needed here and looking at the circumstances correctly. This will eventually blow up if not addressed soon.

Good luck to them.

Sounds like you have an idea of what you want but don't know exactly what your long term plans are by the sounds of it so are a bit nervous about committing to something. Which is understandable.

Future isn't always easy to predict. Sometimes life goes in a direction you didn't necessarily plan for. Which is why you can't plan for everything and why simple goal setting is better than going overboard with future planning.

Life is is an interesting journey.

This is so true. In their case, she is a newish lawyer, paying off her law school loans. She's been there for 2 years now but apparently she's almost done with that. Maybe this is the goal for them. She's not sure what area or type of law is next. Thank you, I wish them the best too.

As for me, you got it. That's exactly it. I am thankful for where I work but there's no chance for advancement. As a librarian, there's academic libraries (currently here), public libraries (this is a high no for me), federal libraries, and government ones/agencies.

You're right about future planning versus goal setting. It might not surprise you to know but I am such a planner and I find comfort in it. Even my savings goals for this home buying thing have timelines. I really want that next step in job to happen next year so I will check and search everything on a weekly basis.

It is. I'll have to see how this all goes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm thinking about the getting a Verizon line for the business if I do this for the coverage. Ideally, I'd want a dual Sim that runs on Verizon. I'd prefer that it be a blackberry. I know I'm going to to do a lot of work on it, much of it confidential. I'd use a Xiaomi as a second option, but as this is a business device, blackberry security is really appealing to me with still letting me use the perks of Android.

Problem is only the Key2 LE is certified. I've seen in it stores - if I'm buying a Key2, I want a Key2, not the LE. The 636 chip isn't going to be powerful enough for what I want, that's why. I'd prefer the 128GB model, but the prices I've seen for those are outrageous. I'd take the 64GB to start out.

For where I want to work on the side, being mobile with as few equipment that's essential, mobile and confidential is going to be key. Lots to sort out on the practical side.

The mind is really working. Gonna need to bring in some people.

Ooh this can be very interesting. I think it's weird that only the LE is certified but not the Key2. That is quirky. I wish you good luck with the planning and such.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My professor just graded everything and it looks like I have an A in this class! Yay! This class was an adventure, but at least I know how she grades since I'll have her again in the fall.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My professor just graded everything and it looks like I have an A in this class! Yay! This class was an adventure, but at least I know how she grades since I'll have her again in the fall.
(insert usual comments of congratulations and praise here).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh this can be very interesting. I think it's weird that only the LE is certified but not the Key2. That is quirky. I wish you good luck with the planning and such.
The LE was certified because it was aimed at Enterprise users where they an sell loads of them on a bigger contract for cheaper.

If I want the cheap no frills way, the LE could work. In fact, even if I stripped down some of the BB elements, I could hustle with it performance wise. Just think that the Key2 proper is the better look for what I want to do.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The LE was certified because it was aimed at Enterprise users where they an sell loads of them on a bigger contract for cheaper.

If I want the cheap no frills way, the LE could work. In fact, even if I stripped down some of the BB elements, I could hustle with it performance wise. Just think that the Key2 proper is the better look for what I want to do.

Ohh okay, that makes sense. For you, the LE doesn't seem like it would fit best. The Key2 does sound better for you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh. After reading this, I feel bad for those teens. She's busy trying to justify her actions and I mean, 2 of them were wearing jerseys. Obviously 2 of them wearing the same jersey is intentional.
So how DOES one walk around to , selling cards? Clearly SHE knows what the proper procedure is but cannot give us a demo?

Why would I want to shake the hand of and go out to lunch with someone who held me at gunpoint, spread eagle in their front lawn?

GTFO (even if I may be empathetic to the idea that she was a home invasion survivor).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So how DOES one walk around to , selling cards? Clearly SHE knows what the proper procedure is but cannot give us a demo?

Why would I want to shake the hand of and go out to lunch with someone who held me at gunpoint, spread eagle in their front lawn?

GTFO (even if I may be empathetic to the idea that she was a home invasion survivor).

Well said.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday I went to check out the Fossil watch I'm interested in at a Fossil shop.

I live about 20 minutes from two big shopping centres. The one that has the shop is the one we frequent the most because it has a large grocery store as well. It also just opened a new food court which has some nice places.

Anyway. I would've bought the watch yesterday but the sale simply wasn't close enough to what I found online.

Which is annoying. I personally would've bought it in the shop had their price been a bit better.

So on Amazon, by Fossil, I can get the watch for €135. In shop on sale for €179. Not a huge difference but had it been a around €145-150 I would've bought it at the shop without issue.

I can appreciate that they need to pay people and rent etc but with that kind of price difference it's hard to not want to save some. It's weird when it's Fossil undercutting their own shop but I guess they just want to sell stuff.

I personally would like to avoid using Amazon and buy in a shop though.

At least I got to try it on. Looks good and heavier than I was expecting.

Going to buy it today. Sigh.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should point out the watch is simply a want. I don't need it but I'm curious.

That's partially why I want it cheap as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon