WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was thinking more along the lines of Fossil for a starting point. Something not too expensive to start with.

I don't need half the stuff on the Fossil so that's why I was thinking a hybrid would suit me.

I don't and won't track my sleep. I could care less about a heart rate monitor. Same goes for step counter. Yeah a GPS would be nice but considering how crap the batteries are on smartwatches is it a good idea?

I'm mostly interested in the notification and the controls part. I also like the classic look but I do admit the ability to change watch faces is neat on the full smartwatch.

So on the whole I think a hybrid would suit me best.

What's your thoughts on the Fossil series?
You're looking at something like this?

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/fossil-q-commuter

It's solid overall. If you can live with the "shortcomings" and get it on a good price, it's recommended. I do like Fossil as a brand. Looks wise, their stuff is killer.

If you want a more robust data tracking experience with the classical look, then is it:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/withings-steel-hr-review

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're looking at something like this?

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/fossil-q-commuter

It's solid overall. If you can live with the "shortcomings" and get it on a good price, it's recommended. I do like Fossil as a brand. Looks wise, their stuff is killer.

If you want a more robust data tracking experience with the classical look, then is it:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/withings-steel-hr-review
I'm thinking the Fossil Q Grant FTW1118 says it's from 2017...

Though I don't think that's an issue really.

I'm going to go to a shop and see what they have and what suits me to be sure but at the moment this is what I like.

Currently on sale in Amazon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today has been a terrible Thursday. I'm barely at my desk today and an super busy...and I end my day out in the field.

If I hear a Friday Jr. comment, someone will get an adult knuckle sandwich.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sigh. The weight of what I see on the clock...

...what a privilege to do the work, but the responsibility of doing the work ain't no joke either.

We are so monumentally ****ed it ain't even funny.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Renewal of the the old part of town. Some of the buildings goes back yo the late 40s. It does reveal interesting features. I'm scratching my head on the bat thing.
c7caaf3ad92c73e5b7a77249dcac758d.jpg

d217ee5335d3f7097a1bbfdcb645df38.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm at a loss... it's not surprising, sadly but really? This is taking things to a new pathetic level.
Millennials are the (comparatively) loneliest generation, so stuff like this shouldn't be a surprise.

Plus, there's some privilege talking in there too, which isn't that surprising either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Friday, eh?

I should be at home in my bed fast asleep. Give me a Monday through Thursday work week but pay me for Monday - Friday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Friday, eh?

I should be at home in my bed fast asleep. Give me a Monday through Thursday work week but pay me for Monday - Friday.
What do you get whenever you have an issue at a major transit point that has 8(!) subway lines connecting through it? One line suspended. The other rerouted onto the busiest line in the system.

A Friday cluster****. If I didn't need to be in the office today, I'd have gone back home and fell asleep.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have heard this before and it is silly. Adding the ball and chain (of having iMessage) into dating is just silly. My messages were always green, even with using an iPhone. It should always be about the other person, not if they have an iPhone or not. Dating is a lot. This kind of thing just adds another basis of elimination for me.

Weirdly enough, I follow this great girl who shared her guy on her account and shared one of the text messages he sent. For context, he has an Android phone (I dunno what because he's not the type to share video) and she has an iPhone. Tell me why a girl said something like, tell him to get an iPhone! ...
This guy seems like he is really her person and yet this random girl is talking about phones. So silly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria