WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Did not know one could take a gondola up a volcano!! Cool

I've been to two. One was in Bali, which was active, but we stood very far away in a restaurant lookout point in a touristy spot.
The other is the circular island of Buhay Dulang, a broken caldera of an ancient volcano. Surrounded by turquoise waters .. quite a sight

The gondola ride is a bit short, about 12 minutes. It's been taken out by the volcano once as well.

Once you're off the gondola you take a big jeep up to 2900m or you can walk it.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Which others have you and your wife seen?

My wife has been to Hawaii and I haven't so she's seen the lava there and the volcano. Or as close as you can get anyway.

The first one I went to with my wife is an island off the coast of New Zealand north island. It's called White Island.

Here's a video I took of it. This is back in 2009. Not sure if the music is still part of it.

https://youtu.be/umzm99fpsdw

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wednesday, eh?

The time I checked there very few things it's good to be in the middle of. The week isn't one of them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey MIA what's your thoughts on hybrid smatwatches?

I know they may not do what you need but they may suit me better.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to be a volunteer at the Cleveland City Kennel as a dog walker. I've always loved dogs but can't have one in my apartment. I attended orientation already and met a few dogs who were absolutely adorable.

I have training later this week, then I'll take dogs for walks to get exercise for them and for me. The kennel has other volunteer opportunities and other programmes for the dogs, including canine enrichment and group play for the dogs. I'm looking forward to starting walking dogs.
Ooh that's exciting! I'll be looking forward to hearing about your experience doing this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm also curious. It seems like battery life would be much better.

I would rather do something like that.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Another Nokia 8.1 shot on gcam night sight 2sec exposure of a cluster of buildings half a kilometre below from where I'm staying.
Its the Chinese Hungry Ghost month. A stage can be seen on the bottom left. It's so far removed from traditional street opera, this is a loud pop concert with heavy beats and swirling spotlights. Much later, it was so bizarre to hear a Chinese version of Joan Jett's I Hate Myself For Loving You blaring out.... to an empty audience. Perhaps for the roaming ghosts!!!

59d59b40fa12f108736de98bb042664d.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I thought I had answered this earlier. Let me get out of the zoo and I'll reply. Short version is that there's a place for them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought I had answered this earlier. Let me get out of the zoo and I'll reply. Short version is that there's a place for them.
If you did it must have been some time ago because I don't recall it. But then I barely remember last week....

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you did it must have been some time ago because I don't recall it. But then I barely remember last week....
I'm surprised you remember 2 hours ago...

...although I'm currently working with two clients facing regular dementia and vascular dementia, so bad memory ain't no laughing matter...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I mean, I like Withings and some of the other hybrids. I'd get a gold hybrid at some point as I cannot find a nice gold Smartwatch. The LG W7 was a damn joke at the price, and I doubt you can find one now.

Overall, hybrids are good, as long as the expectations are tempered. Most who wears watches appreciate the classical look and hybrids may have better longevity. I just wanted the dressed up screen on wrist as I prefer the additional functionality.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Another Nokia 8.1 shot on gcam night sight 2sec exposure of a cluster of buildings half a kilometre below from where I'm staying.
Its the Chinese Hungry Ghost month. A stage can be seen on the bottom left. It's so far removed from traditional street opera, this is a loud pop concert with heavy beats and swirling spotlights. Much later, it was so bizarre to hear a Chinese version of Joan Jett's I Hate Myself For Loving You blaring out.... to an empty audience. Perhaps for the roaming ghosts!!!

59d59b40fa12f108736de98bb042664d.jpg
Great shot! That is hilarious about the Joan Jett song in Chinese though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised you remember 2 hours ago...

...although I'm currently working with two clients facing regular dementia and vascular dementia, so bad memory ain't no laughing matter...
I've found talking to others that men typically have this issue where we almost have a FIFO system in our brain. Not saying it doesn't happen to women or that it's all men but it seems typical.

My memory isn't that bad but I sometimes forget some details but can remember them once reminded.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I mean, I like Withings and some of the other hybrids. I'd get a gold hybrid at some point as I cannot find a nice gold Smartwatch. The LG W7 was a damn joke at the price, and I doubt you can find one now.

Overall, hybrids are good, as long as the expectations are tempered. Most who wears watches appreciate the classical look and hybrids may have better longevity. I just wanted the dressed up screen on wrist as I prefer the additional functionality.
I was thinking more along the lines of Fossil for a starting point. Something not too expensive to start with.

I don't need half the stuff on the Fossil so that's why I was thinking a hybrid would suit me.

I don't and won't track my sleep. I could care less about a heart rate monitor. Same goes for step counter. Yeah a GPS would be nice but considering how crap the batteries are on smartwatches is it a good idea?

I'm mostly interested in the notification and the controls part. I also like the classic look but I do admit the ability to change watch faces is neat on the full smartwatch.

So on the whole I think a hybrid would suit me best.

What's your thoughts on the Fossil series?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria