Application to auto-shutdown within stated minutes

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is an extremely off-topic thread, which is why I posted here.

I have a laptop running Windows 7, and sometimes I need to shutdown my computer automatically after some time, eg. 3 hours.

Thus, I made some preset scripts, and I just have to double click them, the script is shown below. (Don't know much about this, not written by me)

strCmd = "shutdown -s -t 10800" set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") objShell.Run strCmd

The problem starts here,

1) The time I need it to shutdown is not fixed, and it is quite troublesome to edit it everytime I want to shutdown my computer.
2) The time is in seconds, not minutes, so I have to use a calculator xP.

tl;dr? Is there anyone who can guide me, or can create some app that once launched, will ask me for the amount of minutes before it auto forces shutdown?

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you make several scripts with different times? And use your brain! Something divides by 60 is not a big deal...lazy ppl sometimes...

L620 - Tapatalk

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
And cram up your entire desktop with scripts, thanks amazing idea. And how could I not have thought of that? Your sarcasm is not appreciated btw.

Why buy a fridge? Just keep your food in a cooler box and replace the ice every day? Lazy people sometimes.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess its a .bat file. Right click - edit - change time - save. 10 seconds "work".

And I just googled for "shutdown timer" and found quite a few. Did you ever try that?

L620 - Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit