FIFA World Cup 2014 discussions and predictions!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Agreed with everything except your opinion about Casillas.I think Casillas did show poor keeping today specially on that back-pass and that cross from Sneijder which he could have saved.Surprisingly he didn't live up to his reputation in 1 on 1 as well considering how easily Robben was dodging him.But admittedly the save on that brilliant volley was just as good at the volley itself :D
But yes I agree with everything else that the defenders have to take the blame as well.It was not only the keepers fault.Robben easily outran everyone and we didn't see that flair from Spain which we usually do.They seemed very frustrated and couldn't seem to get anything right.
All in all a pitiful performance by Spain,I expect to see better football from them in the next match hopefully.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I agree Casillas was pretty awful too. The mis-comtrol on the back pass summed up his game. I feel not enough was being made out about how the midfield had pretty much no control on the game and they kept giving the ball away putting the defence and keeper under constant pressure.

I supporting German...

I'm looking forward to seeing them play too. Shame about Reus. He was one player in particular I was interested in seeing play.

I'll of course be backing England since I'm here, but I haven't seen them play in their highest gear during the build up games.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Bummer than I'm going to be at a party ;) at least I'll be looking at bing sports for the plays and wins

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pretty sure England should take this, their young guys are hungry and wont respect Italy. Only problem is the old clunkers in the team might let them down, should be interesting.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
WOW!Loved the first half :D
What a dummy by Pirlo,pinpoint accuracy goal by Marchisio,cross by Rooney and goal by Sturridge!All in the space of 2 mins.Loved this half.
Not to mention Italy's last minute attempts,chipped by Balotelli,headed away by the defender on the goal line,and that shot on the post! :D :D
Hoping for an Italy win here :D

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
WHAT A MATCH!What a match :D
Enjoyed it very much.Would have been awesome-r if that magical free kick from Pirlo would have been a goal though. ;)
Anyways,I know there is a match, Ivory Coast VS Japan after 1 hour but I gotta get some sleep.It's 5:00am in my country already. ;) Night all :D

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I was not able to watch any of the match due to my exams Monday is my last exam after that FIFA will be the only thing I wil do in my holidays.
Do you guys know any website were I can see each match highlights I really wanna see Brazil vs Croatia and Netherlands vs Spain match.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Bitterly disappointed with the England result. They played well for the most part with real attacking intent, but were wasteful in the final third. Poor crossing and finishing cost us. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of hopeless shots being taken out of the box when there were better options around. Defense was caught out often and defending at the set piece was poor. The first goal from the corner was a cheap goal to conceed. He should of been closed down sooner. Rooney struggled getting back to defend on the left and that side in general was exploited. I feel Hodgson should have adjusted sooner and moved him to 10 and have Sterling out wide where he would have had greater opportunities in 1-on-1 situations. Speaking of Sterling, he was superb and a nightmare for the Italians. His final ball wasn't great though and he was just putting balls in without really seeking targets.

There were positive signs though and I'm hopeful they'll get it together soon. A result was in their grasp in that game. Uraguay and England both have a hole to dig themselves out from so that will be an interesting game. Suarez is also likely to return. Hopefully his Liverpool team mates at England bottle him up.

Lol Top Gear
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Spain definitely could of used that :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Impressions of the world cup so far...

Uruguay looks old and slow in the back. Personally, the biggest game in the second wave of group matches is Uruguay and England. I actually like this matchup. England is fast enough to put pressure on the old Uruguayan defense, and Uruguay has enough firepower on the counter to punish the young Lions.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Today I will be cheering for Bosnia :D. Match is at midnight local time and I have school tomorrow but I don't care. I might as well go to school tomorrow just to sleep :p .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3