Post pictures of your latest purchase

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
M6
7df856583eac049afbaac9e42bf68f85.jpg

Actually bought it several weeks ago very impressive device for the money.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Fitbit Versa 2 from Best Buy (which will be my first watch in decades).

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2F6364307.p%3FskuId%3D6364307&token=UXDWLv58

This one seemed to have all the things I would really want out of a "smart" watch. There's a microphone for voice-to-text, multi-day battery life, Alexa support (though I would have settled for Cortana support too :p), phone notifications, and even Fitbit pay. I didn't plan on joining the tap-to-pay club but it's hard to resist when it's on my wrist. I do have problem with having "things" on my body (chains, jewelry, etc) but I'm hoping that the right wrist band will help to alleviate that. Plus Best Buy is offering a $25 dollar gift card!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Fitbit Versa 2 from Best Buy (which will be my first watch in decades).

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2F6364307.p%3FskuId%3D6364307&token=2r0hUIAe

This one seemed to have all the things I would really want out of a "smart" watch. There's a microphone for voice-to-text, multi-day battery life, Alexa support (though I would have settled for Cortana support too :p), phone notifications, and even Fitbit pay. I didn't plan on joining the tap-to-pay club but it's hard to resist when it's on my wrist. I do have problem with having "things" on my body (chains, jewelry, etc) but I'm hoping that the right wrist band will help to alleviate that. Plus Best Buy is offering a $25 dollar gift card!
Ooh let us know how you like it!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2F6364307.p%3FskuId%3D6364307&token=nYKl3j4Z

Definitely interested in how it goes for you. I see it shows Fitbit Pay but the original Versa only had it with the “Special Edition” model. My Ionic is starting to show signs of early onset of dementia.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Got this on promo today... 2.1 JBLs. I played a few songs by XTC, NewOrder & Ride & watch a football match (Liverpool - Barca CL semi finals, yeah!!!)
sounds quite decent in my living room...
bf959e3d84e69ade0eebe7125a0a3ec6.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A few quick things about my Fitbit Versa 2

1. Alexa is clunky without a wake word. I know battery life would be affected if it was always listening, but it should be an option.

2. Thus far I haven't noticed any sync issues between my phone and Versa 2. I know several people have complained about the Versa (more Versa 1 than 2) not staying synced, but there's like a one second difference between getting a notification on my phone and then having it appear on my Versa.

2a. THEN Y R U SO BAD YOUR PHONE?!?! Microsoft's Your Phone isn't on the same level when it comes to syncing between a Windows computer and smartphone. Often times Your Phone will work great - for a little bit - and then start to lag considerably. It happens even when my phone and Surface Go are sitting right next to each other.

3. I don't use the fitness tracking other than biking and walking. And my foot is currently messed up so I haven't done much of that either lol.

4. The always on display is great but really affects battery life. I've since turned it off because motion to wake works so well.

5. Tap to pay also works very well.

5a. Tap to pay is weird when it's on your wrist. Physically putting the Versa next to the terminal requires more flexibility than it's probably worth haha.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
A few quick things about my Fitbit Versa 2

1. Alexa is clunky without a wake word. I know battery life would be affected if it was always listening, but it should be an option.

2. Thus far I haven't noticed any sync issues between my phone and Versa 2. I know several people have complained about the Versa (more Versa 1 than 2) not staying synced, but there's like a one second difference between getting a notification on my phone and then having it appear on my Versa.

2a. THEN Y R U SO BAD YOUR PHONE?!?! Microsoft's Your Phone isn't on the same level when it comes to syncing between a Windows computer and smartphone. Often times Your Phone will work great - for a little bit - and then start to lag considerably. It happens even when my phone and Surface Go are sitting right next to each other.

3. I don't use the fitness tracking other than biking and walking. And my foot is currently messed up so I haven't done much of that either lol.

4. The always on display is great but really affects battery life. I've since turned it off because motion to wake works so well.

5. Tap to pay also works very well.

5a. Tap to pay is weird when it's on your wrist. Physically putting the Versa next to the terminal requires more flexibility than it's probably worth haha.

Thanks for this! It sounds like a good mix of pros and cons for you.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
AOC - Q3279VWFD8

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-q3279vwfd8-31-5-led-qhd-freesync-monitor-white-and-silver/6257437.p?skuId=6257437

20191002_204828.jpg

Managed to snag it for $155 which is a great price for a 1440p monitor. Took some time getting the colors right, and I'm so used to my previous monitor that everything looks off though I'm sure it's fine. What I need to do is grab some sort of calibration tool.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
AOC - Q3279VWFD8

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-q3279vwfd8-31-5-led-qhd-freesync-monitor-white-and-silver/6257437.p?skuId=6257437

View attachment 141451

Managed to snag it for $155 which is a great price for a 1440p monitor. Took some time getting the colors right, and I'm so used to my previous monitor that everything looks off though I'm sure it's fine. What I need to do is grab some sort of calibration tool.
Wow! That's an awesome price for that monitor. Have fun with it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hard to follow an S10+ but I got a Motorola One Zoom. My LG V20 was serving me well... until the vibration motor died (again). Plus, the battery was draining pretty fast so I bought a new battery! But then that was draining fast too meaning it was a software issue. And it didn't seem worth it to wipe the OS and start fresh.

Overall it's a beautiful phone and the OLED screen is absolutely stunning. I wish the resolution was a closer to 1440p but it's still nice. The screen is more narrow thus text is smaller but I'll get used to it.

Here's a picture from my terrible laptop camera :grin:

WIN_20191017_0d8_55_56_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon