Post pictures of your latest purchase

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Great for snowmobiling, running a snowblower, ice fishing, and holding a beer or two sitting in Lambeau Field for a game when it's freezing out! LOL
You Northies live very different lives. Then again, you find it strange our water heaters convert to water chillers for half the year. I always hate swapping the hot/cold labels on the faucets.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful I'll ever use the Forza wheel, especially since I have an actual wheel. I got it because I think my Elite 2 is going out. I'm noticing that pressing A doesn't always register, and the D-pad registers two clicks instead of one. Maybe it's all in my head lol. But Best Buy had this for $80 bucks off on a one-day sale, so I went for it.

IMG_20240225_164040-edit-20240225164209.jpg

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
I got this on Amazon for $24.99. I think that was a pretty good price. There were three color choices white blue and black; I went with the blue just for a change.

17c244d696101aa18a0460adf0977482.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not a purchase as shown complete, but I built this PC with: a new motherboard, RAM, CPU cooler, power supply, and case. The only old components were the CPU, GPU, and drives.

I took a photo of the complete build, rather than photos of the new individual components I got. 20240312_234929.jpg

Reactions: HelloNNNewman

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not a purchase as shown complete, but I built this PC with: a new motherboard, RAM, CPU cooler, power supply, and case. The only old components were the CPU, GPU, and drives.

I took a photo of the complete build, rather than photos of the new individual components I got. View attachment 144094
That's a really nice looking rig! I need a new PC too and keep just started thinking about it. I built my last one, but haven't kept track of ANYTHING since then and now wobbling between doing the research and building one, or just buying a deal on a pre-built. <shrug> I'd much rather build one to the specs I want, but I only use if for surfing and some editing. Not a huge gamer anymore.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's a really nice looking rig! I need a new PC too and keep just started thinking about it. I built my last one, but haven't kept track of ANYTHING since then and now wobbling between doing the research and building one, or just buying a deal on a pre-built. I'd much rather build one to the specs I want, but I only use if for surfing and some editing. Not a huge gamer anymore.

Thanks! I'd recommend staying away from prebuilts from big box stores. They typically use cheap motherboards, power supplies, and CPU coolers. The cheap power supplies are the most problematic because those can take down the entire platform if they fail.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'd recommend staying away from prebuilts from big box stores. They typically use cheap motherboards, power supplies, and CPU coolers. The cheap power supplies are the most problematic because those can take down the entire platform if they fail.
Oh yeah, I totally agree and would never get one from a big box store. I was looking at an Alienware (or something) vs. building something similar myself. Expandability is a huge plus with building my own. I know how my mind works and if I build, I'll end up researching the hell out of every little thing and taking forever to actually figure out what I want. LOL

Reactions: Laura Knotek

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Titanium.

IMG_20240315_200140.jpg

I've been looking for something to accompany my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I still like it, and it's in great shape, but I'm a little bored of the design. And truth be told, the 5 Pro is probably too big for my baby sized wrist, but I managed to snag it brand new for 100 bucks. My wrist will just have to adjust to the weight. :LOL:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, I totally agree and would never get one from a big box store. I was looking at an Alienware (or something) vs. building something similar myself. Expandability is a huge plus with building my own. I know how my mind works and if I build, I'll end up researching the hell out of every little thing and taking forever to actually figure out what I want. LOL
Alienware tends to have cases more like ovens that ventilation. I think it was Gamers Nexus who did a YouTube video about how those cases haven't improved at all over the years.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Titanium.

View attachment 144095

I've been looking for something to accompany my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I still like it, and it's in great shape, but I'm a little bored of the design. And truth be told, the 5 Pro is probably too big for my baby sized wrist, but I managed to snag it brand new for 100 bucks. My wrist will just have to adjust to the weight.
That's awesome! I like that design.

Reactions: HeyCori

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital