Post pictures of your latest purchase

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Decided to try a Tesla. I'm not anti fossil fuel or anti CO2 but liked the idea of:

No driving out of the way and waiting in line for gas. Just plug in charger at home.

Sounds of silence when not enjoying the Mustang's roar.

Literally thousands fewer moving parts to wonder when will eventually wear out.

A car that will chill itself in AZ summer BEFORE you get in and vice versa in winter.

A car that can come to you from across a parking lot if its raining. At least in theory since I can't remember the last time I drove or parked in rain . But if I ever move to Seattle....

Integrated cameras galore instead of the hassle of adding a dash cam with just front and rear.

3.1 second 0-60 we've been missing since our hyperbike days,

Very few badges. Fingers crossed they are just taped on and easy to remove.

Very interesting tech that changes constantly.

A warranty.

Now I can stop resenting other people who got a $7,500 tax credit I was paying for! Now I can loathe myself just as much.

I have purchased it but I don't take delivery until tomorrow.

Fresh off the transport from the factory yesterday. Covered with dust. Hasn't been washed yet. But shine still breaks thru.

Probably going to change wheels and tires. The wheel design is decent but I HATE dark wheels. And if I replace them can get 19" that will fit over the brakes. Factory wheels are 20"

Will post more pics tomorrow when home focusing on interior. Didn't take any today because everything inside is still in plastic wrap.

Front.jpgRear 3 quarter.jpgRear.jpg

Here are some at home pics. Its a miracle anything I intended is in frame. Brutal AZ sun meant all I could see on he phone screen was reflections.

Still not washed; supposed to rain tonight. Was interesting experience to never touch the brake pedal on the 12 mile trip home. Adaptive cruise and one-pedal capability meant just using accelerator.

Side Front at Home.jpg

20 inch wheel and caliper.jpg

Front Interior.jpg

Front Seats.jpg

Front Door.jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Decided to try a Tesla. I'm not anti fossil fuel or anti CO2 but liked the idea of:

No driving out of the way and waiting in line for gas. Just plug in charger at home.

Sounds of silence when not enjoying the Mustang's roar.

Literally thousands fewer moving parts to wonder when will eventually wear out.

A car that will chill itself in AZ summer BEFORE you get in and vice versa in winter.

A car that can come to you from across a parking lot if its raining. At least in theory since I can't remember the last time I drove or parked in rain . But if I ever move to Seattle....

Integrated cameras galore instead of the hassle of adding a dash cam with just front and rear.

3.1 second 0-60 we've been missing since our hyperbike days,

Very few badges. Fingers crossed they are just taped on and easy to remove.

Very interesting tech that changes constantly.

A warranty.

Now I can stop resenting other people who got a $7,500 tax credit I was paying for! Now I can loathe myself just as much.

I have purchased it but I don't take delivery until tomorrow.

Fresh off the transport from the factory yesterday. Covered with dust. Hasn't been washed yet. But shine still breaks thru.

Probably going to change wheels and tires. The wheel design is decent but I HATE dark wheels. And if I replace them can get 19" that will fit over the brakes. Factory wheels are 20"

Will post more pics tomorrow when home focusing on interior. Didn't take any today because everything inside is still in plastic wrap.

View attachment 143524View attachment 143525View attachment 143526

Here are some at home pics. Its a miracle anything I intended is in frame. Brutal AZ sun meant all I could see on he phone screen was reflections.

Still not washed; supposed to rain tonight. Was interesting experience to never touch the brake pedal on the 12 mile trip home. Adaptive cruise and one-pedal capability meant just using accelerator.

View attachment 143536

View attachment 143533

View attachment 143535

View attachment 143537

View attachment 143534
That's a nice car. Enjoy it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
More old stuff.
9b485523ecdb11f12449f98704ed7caf.jpg
Man, those solo albums take me way back

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Garage EV charger. Took a while to find a reasonable quote to install. Seems electricians know all the incentives to install one and feel 90-150% of that should be theirs. ;)

Involved replacing an unused ~40 AMP? 240 volt breaker for electric dryer with a 60 AMP 240 volt breaker for the charger. Panel has the capacity to power both, but didn't feel like converting some other existing breakers to piggy back to keep the dryer outlet in the laundry room. Then running 24 feet of metal conduit from the panel to the charger location.

I did end up loaning the electrician a torque wrench to clamp the two 120 volt 6 gauge wires to the charger. He might have only done that because I mentioned it. The fact that he didn't carry a torque wrench despite installing these in the past hints at electricians know how to do this without a torque wrench.

Then the real fun began. Instructions say the charger can not be used without connecting it to a Wi-Fi network. Like many other smart devices with no hardware user interface, the charger creates its own temporary Wi-Fi network just for the owner to connect to with an app on their phone and provide the credentials for a Wi-Fi network with internet. But Tesla in their infinite wisdom only will connect to a plain vanilla WPA2 2.4 SSID. All mine are WPA2/WPA3, 5/2.4. Sure enough wouldn't connect so I had to create a network just for the Tesla charger. Hope no neighbors get triggered by an SSID name %#$*-Tesla!.

After going thru all that, I later find out the only reason to use the app is to tell the charger if it is on a lower than 60 AMP circuit. For any and everything else it gets internet access thru the car while charging.

Anyway..... Now I recharge at home for 3.x cents per mile drive. Charges at a rate of 43 miles driven per hour. For best battery life, my car only automatically charges to 80% (250 miles), so max of 6 hours per night and typically less than 2 hours. Car only automatically sucks juice when electricity is cheapest.

Apologize for the horrible pictures. Contrast a mess with the garage door open or close.

20231011_101555 Charger in use.jpg
20231011_140544 Charger in use.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Completed my quest to get a veteran plate for our Tesla. Social media, MVD chat, phone and counter people ALL swore our Tesla could only have "Alternative Fuel" plates. You went to a state university, or don't beat your kids, or are a congressional Medal of Honor winner, etc, etc, tough luck.

Contacted every politician I didn't vote for (why distract the ones I did vote for from important things). Long story short, it arrived yesterday. I apologize for the reflections of my garage door hinges, etc. I deleted the first and last random characters in an attempt to avoid posts saying you should never post plates on-line.

20231028_165925 Tesla Veteran plate (cropped).jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Picked up some refurb Galaxy Buds Live because they were in tiptop shape. I'm pleasantly surprised despite some of the mixed reviews. They feel great in the ears while having really good sound. The noise cancellation is so-so but I'd rather hear a bit of the outside world while I'm on a walk.

IMG_20231101_172540.jpg

The only reason I bought them is because my 1.5 year old Sony Linkbuds decided to take a crap on me. The left bud stopped charging and the warranty ended early this year. 😡

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Picked up some refurb Galaxy Buds Live because they were in tiptop shape. I'm pleasantly surprised despite some of the mixed reviews. They feel great in the ears while having really good sound. The noise cancellation is so-so but I'd rather hear a bit of the outside world while I'm on a walk.

View attachment 143927

The only reason I bought them is because my 1.5 year old Sony Linkbuds decided to take a crap on me. The left bud stopped charging and the warranty ended early this year.

Ahh I didn’t realize that can happen I hope the buds treat you well! I need my Jabra Elites to hang on.

Reactions: HeyCori and nop

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Taking my chances on the Lenovo Legion Go. Given the process of downloading updates and just getting it setup, I can see why people jump at the easability of the Steam Deck. :LOL:

IMG_20231117_115139.jpg

I sold my Pro 8 to cover part of the cost, and I will connect the Go to a second monitor to use as my main computer.

Fortunately, I have a beefy work laptop in case this goes horribly wrong. I'll wait to see what ARM powered Surfaces drop next year.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Usually not a believer of "When in Rome...", but ordered a yoke for our Tesla. I knew I would replace the bleak black round factory wheel that seemed out of place amid the white interior. So, why not try a yoke if replacing the wheel anyway? I know some owners have a hard time parallel parking or auto-crossing with a yoke but I don't autocross it and doubt I would have any problem parallel parking. I mean, it must be fine for some people or Tesla wouldn't have started offering them in some models.

If I don't like it, that's what eBay is for. I got a massive discount below the store's black Friday price because I pointed out a major problem with their web pages for some products, so likely I could break even if I did sell this off.

Not installed yet but here are some pics after unboxing.

Yoke with white leather airbag cover (just resting on the yoke):

Yoke with airbag cover.jpg

White interior and factory steering wheel:

White interior.jpg

Factory wheel.jpg

Probably the hardest part will be replacing the factory air bag cover. The factory cover (and the white leather one) are attached to the air bag housing by a dozen fingers that go thru slots in the cover. Easy to install, just push and the fingers snap into the slots. But to remove, you have to disengage a dozen or so fingers all at the same time. So a common practice is to just cut the "old" cover off the airbag. But I'm too cheap and want the option to go back to stock without buying a new factory cover.

Back of airbag cover:

Back of airbag.jpg

Will post more pics after installed.

I like the look and feel. The only thing I'm not sure about is the controls. The product pages imply buyers would move the factory controls to the yoke. But the yoke came with controls installed. If they did that because customers were messing up the transfer of factory controls, a good thing. But if the controls in the yoke are NOT interchangeable with factory ones, may not last as long or worse, may be hard or impossible to get replacements if they do break.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice! It will be interesting to hear your take on the experience. I've read reviews on the Yoke design with most either loving or hating it (never seems to be middle ground). I'd be worried that it would be cumbersome for tight turns or collision avoidance (swerving to avoid a deer or something) - so it will be cool to hear what you think after using it for a while in the real world. (y)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Watch for post of my first lightshow. Car comes with the ability and some canned lightshows already in the car. I found an app that lets any bozo create their own and I score high on the bozo scale. Supposedly, you just give the app any music file and it will generate an "interesting" pattern for the lights. Upload it and have the car play the music thru its factory loudspeaker while flashing the lights how the app orchestrated them.

Example of a duet (not mine and probably human orchestrated instead of by an app):

Last edited: