Post pictures of your latest purchase

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not a new purchase. I was cleaning out some old equipment and forgot I owned a Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse! I have several mice but nothing that thin. I think I'm going to start using it again once, you know, people can go back to being mobile. I imagine it still works, haha.

20201219_083300.jpg

Update: Still works!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not a new purchase. I was cleaning out some old equipment and forgot I owned a Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse! I have several mice but nothing that thin. I think I'm going to start using it again once, you know, people can go back to being mobile. I imagine it still works, haha.

View attachment 142828

Update: Still works!
I have a different version and it is 14+ years old and it still works. It's at work though so pictures will have to wait.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Update on Dishwasher from post 2149:

Costco no-showed for free installation so refunded $200. I needed a $5 part for installation promised for Wednesday but apparently Amazon farmed out delivery to Costco installers. Part arrived Friday.

Install straight forward. With granite counters I chose side mounting to cabinets which was a PIA because the screws go deeply recessed behind tiny plastic covers not much bigger then the screw heads. Only way to get the screws to the pilot holes in the cabinets far inside those openings is on the end of a magnetic screw driver. Naturally one fell off and landed who knows where between the tub and outer cover. That was when I realized why they included an extra screw. Impressed they knew only one would be dropped and unrecoverable.

Old Dishwasher (now in some rental home).

Old Dishwasher.jpg

New Dishwasher:

New Dishwasher.jpg

Ridiculous and excessive badging relocated from dishwasher door to installation manual cover:

New Dishwasher badges.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Update on Dishwasher from post 2149:

Costco no-showed for free installation so refunded $200. I needed a $5 part for installation promised for Wednesday but apparently Amazon farmed out delivery to Costco installers. Part arrived Friday.

Install straight forward. With granite counters I chose side mounting to cabinets which was a PIA because the screws go deeply recessed behind tiny plastic covers not much bigger then the screw heads. Only way to get the screws to the pilot holes in the cabinets far inside those openings is on the end of a magnetic screw driver. Naturally one fell off and landed who knows where between the tub and outer cover. That was when I realized why they included an extra screw. Impressed they knew only one would be dropped and unrecoverable.

Old Dishwasher (now in some rental home).

View attachment 142829

New Dishwasher:

View attachment 142830

Ridiculous and excessive badging relocated from dishwasher door to installation manual cover:

View attachment 142831

That's a nice finished product. I have "professionals" that can't set dishwashers that plumb and level. Too late now but there are brackets that are available for side mounting that make it a breeze. So easy even a caveman could do it, and I have a few making $37/HR.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That's a nice finished product. I have "professionals" that can't set dishwashers that plumb and level. Too late now but there are brackets that are available for side mounting that make it a breeze. So easy even a caveman could do it, and I have a few making $37/HR.
That was one reason I was actually pleased to get a refund in lieu of the install. Installers make more the faster they can finish. They aren't inclined to fine tune the legs/wheels to get everything level and plumb.

Would you have a link, name, or brand for those side mounting brackets for future reference? I searched before installing and didn't see anything different than a variation of the ones that came with the unit which you break half off to use for side mounting. The hard part is not dropping screws into a never-never land while blindly hunting for the pilot hole. Not picturing an alternative that avoids that. I thought about bolting from the other side of the cabinet wall but was too lazy to track down what I needed. Would be easy as pie to stick a bolt thru a visible hole from the other side and pretty impossible to lose the nut with a magnetic nut driver. Of course some might not want holes or bolt heads (even recessed ones) inside their cabinets.

Not overly impressed with some of the manufacturer's engineering. The releases for the oddly shaped covers for the holes used to install the screws are operated from the outside of the dishwasher before installation. That means you can't remove the dishwasher without destroying those oddly shaped covers to get to the screws. Any odds on how easy/cheap/possible it would be to get replacements?

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Arlo Essential security camera. I moved into an apartment and day 2 my car got broken into! And guess who was the big dumb dumb that didn't lock his car that night. They didn't get much other than a damn near 20 year old coat, a spare set of tools, and old basketball shoes. But they also stole my Lumia 520! :crying:

Since I can't install a camera on the outside, I decided I should at least have one on the inside. So I mounted it from a support beam directly facing the door. I attached the mount to a block of wood so I didn't have to drill directly into the wall. The block easily detaches for when I need to charge it. Frankly, if someone wants to steal the camera, there's no much difference between taking the wood and unscrewing the camera from the base.

On sale for $100 bucks and thus far I'm liking it. All the footage is backed up to the cloud (requires a subscription service). The features are nice like night mode, spotlight, motion detection, alarm, live feed, and the app for remote control. The live feed has a delay and is slow to start but meh it was only $100.

20201220_111114.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That was one reason I was actually pleased to get a refund in lieu of the install. Installers make more the faster they can finish. They aren't inclined to fine tune the legs/wheels to get everything level and plumb.

Would you have a link, name, or brand for those side mounting brackets for future reference? I searched before installing and didn't see anything different than a variation of the ones that came with the unit which you break half off to use for side mounting. The hard part is not dropping screws into a never-never land while blindly hunting for the pilot hole. Not picturing an alternative that avoids that. I thought about bolting from the other side of the cabinet wall but was too lazy to track down what I needed. Would be easy as pie to stick a bolt thru a visible hole from the other side and pretty impossible to lose the nut with a magnetic nut driver. Of course some might not want holes or bolt heads (even recessed ones) inside their cabinets.

Not overly impressed with some of the manufacturer's engineering. The releases for the oddly shaped covers for the holes used to install the screws are operated from the outside of the dishwasher before installation. That means you can't remove the dishwasher without destroying those oddly shaped covers to get to the screws. Any odds on how easy/cheap/possible it would be to get replacements?
The installation instructions should have a section for optional/replacement parts. Then again I see consumer docs are different than those included in builder packs. If your tub is completely plastic you need to install brackets. If you have a model with a vertical steel rail along the front edge (inside the tub) then you can screw it into the cabinet from the inside of the dishwasher. Don't forget to put a dab of caulk before driving the screw though. Some folks use a tiny o-ring but in my experience hot water and the drying cycle tends to expand o-rings over time rendering them 3 sizes larger than when they were new.

Good luck.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The installation instructions should have a section for optional/replacement parts. Then again I see consumer docs are different than those included in builder packs. If your tub is completely plastic you need to install brackets. If you have a model with a vertical steel rail along the front edge (inside the tub) then you can screw it into the cabinet from the inside of the dishwasher. Don't forget to put a dab of caulk before driving the screw though. Some folks use a tiny o-ring but in my experience hot water and the drying cycle tends to expand o-rings over time rendering them 3 sizes larger than when they were new.

Good luck.

Wow this is very informative! Thank you.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

Good luck.
Hmm.. I had wondered for a moment how I was going to secure my dishwasher when the granite countertop gets installed.. I'm not getting the new appliances for a while, so I have to secure this old one somehow until then. Plastic tub, nothing on the sides to attach a bracket to. May have to get creative.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. I had wondered for a moment how I was going to secure my dishwasher when the granite countertop gets installed.. I'm not getting the new appliances for a while, so I have to secure this old one somehow until then. Plastic tub, nothing on the sides to attach a bracket to. May have to get creative.

Ask your granite top installer to install wood blocks on the underside of the top. He'll know what I'm talking about. Worst case scenario, he can core-drill two small holes and epoxy some 1/4" anchors. This is all assuming you're getting typical 1-3/8" thick tops. If you're getting the new-fangled 1/2" thick tops that simulate quartz then you have to put some form of brackets. Good luck.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Ask your granite top installer to install wood blocks on the underside of the top. He'll know what I'm talking about. Worst case scenario, he can core-drill two small holes and epoxy some 1/4" anchors. This is all assuming you're getting typical 1-3/8" thick tops. If you're getting the new-fangled 1/2" thick tops that simulate quartz then you have to put some form of brackets. Good luck.
That is one idea I was thinking of. Given I'm going to replace the dishwasher next year, I wonder the odds of not being able to use the blocks with the new one. Worst case, I know how to use epoxy.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Christmas swag. Logitech Ergo M575 bluetooth trackball mouse. Should make for a solid replacement to my Logitech M570. It's essentially the same mouse difference being the 575 has bluetooth so I can drop the dongle and get back one of my USB ports. Plus I can (probably) use the M570 on the Raspberry Pi 400 that I got my girl.

20201225_103422.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon