Change Live ID

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
For some reason, the email/pass on my wife's phone's Live ID is wrong.. But I can't click on the email to select it for editing.. I even tried click-and-hold.. How can I input the correct Live ID?

Edit: I ended up just creating a new Windows Live ID account (it calls it "Windows Live 2").. So now, how can I delete Windows Live 1?

Last edited:

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Are you talking about on your phone? As in the account you enter when you first start the phone?

Yes.. For some reason a random email/password was put in (not even a hotmail account) and I can't edit or delete it.. I've got her live ID working as Windows Live 2, but would still like to get rid of that first non-working account..

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't curerntly have a WP7 at my disposal, but you may need to do a hard reset of the device to clear that account out. Was it a brand new handset, or a refurbished one?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you delete one of them in Settings > Applications > People? It's only giving me the option to delete Facebook, but I'm thinking it'd let you delete the Live ID if two were listed.

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Can you delete one of them in Settings > Applications > People? It's only giving me the option to delete Facebook, but I'm thinking it'd let you delete the Live ID if two were listed.

If I hold down on the WLive account, it says 'sync'..
If I click to go into it, I only get the error "Windows Live password is incorrect".. But I don't get the option to change the email login (which is not even a live ID), only the password...

Very frustrating!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

If I hold down on the WLive account, it says 'sync'..
If I click to go into it, I only get the error "Windows Live password is incorrect".. But I don't get the option to change the email login (which is not even a live ID), only the password...

Very frustrating!

have you tried a hard reset? it seems that, that might be the only way...

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've searched for this in the past and been unable to find a way to switch that account; I think you're stuck with a hard reset to factory settings, and reconfiguring your phone.

If it makes you feel any better, the same sort of issue exists with the first gmail account used to set up an Android phone - it is locked for the duration to that account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes