Music Search

zachaway

May 12, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, I'm thinking of switching to a samsung focus really soon. I tried one out in the store the other day and there isn't really anything I'd miss coming from a blackberry, except when I was in the music application, I couldn't find a way to search through my library for a specific song. When I pressed the search button at the bottom of the phone, it brought me to 'marketplace' search.

Is there a way to do this, or is this a feature that isn't available in WP7?

thanks

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Not possible yet. Sucks because sometimes I want to hear just one song off the top of my head, and a search interface like there is in the mal app would be great.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't search for a song with the search button, but tapping Music, you can select by artist, album or song. And with alpha search you can find what you want pretty quickly.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you're viewing a list of all songs on the device (which is the 3rd pivot option after artists and albums) you can just tap the alphabetical jump option, and if you were say, looking for "Rope - Foo Fighters" you'd just tap 'R' and do a quick scroll down.

It might be quicker than a search by the time you type it in. In the people hub you can use the alphabetical jump or search option, and to be honest, I never use the search any more

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish they had commands in ASR for music. It would be easy to hold the windows button and say, "play song rope" or "play artist foo fighters." Maybe in Mango.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
hey guys, I'm thinking of switching to a samsung focus really soon. I tried one out in the store the other day and there isn't really anything I'd miss coming from a blackberry, except when I was in the music application, I couldn't find a way to search through my library for a specific song. When I pressed the search button at the bottom of the phone, it brought me to 'marketplace' search.

Is there a way to do this, or is this a feature that isn't available in WP7?

thanks

Not possible yet. Sucks because sometimes I want to hear just one song off the top of my head, and a search interface like there is in the mal app would be great.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
are we really nitpicking over this? I've been able to instantly find any song by using the jumplist and the music player is superior to any other one out right now. what default music player allows one to listen to almost any song on demand right out of the box without having to buy each one?

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The alpha jumplist is vastly superior to search, unless you have an absolute **** ton of music. That said, I think text search is something the platform needs... even if its not a priority.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon