Is there a way to quickly set the phone to vibrate?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with a few WP7 devices today and noticed that I could only put the phone into vibrate mode by lowering the volume all the way, and to put it to loud I had to raise the volume all the way.. is there an easier way to switch between sound profiles?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
to put your phone on vibrate
you click on the volume up or down once to bring up the window
and you press the bell icon that changes it from ringer to vibrate..

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone has this weird bug in which the volume tends to go all the way down by itself when I press it once and I have to lock it so It can go up again. Is irritating.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
AFAIK, that's it.

Better sound profile management is definitely something I'd like to see in Mango.

Of all the OS's I have used I think WP has the best built in profile manager. The others have some nice apps/add ons that add features but of the OEM profile managers WP has the advantage. That is once you figure out how to use it.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Of all the OS's I have used I think WP has the best built in profile manager. The others have some nice apps/add ons that add features but of the OEM profile managers WP has the advantage. That is once you figure out how to use it.
Please explain.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Have you used a BlackBerry? My last phone was a Bold, there are definitely some things I miss, and I'd say the profile management is in my top three (along with multitasking and push notifications). On the windows phone the volume rocker brings up the menu for volume and profile. You can switch between ring or vibrate. When vibrate is selected, volume can be turned to 0 for vibrate only and up for vibe+ring, but silent can only be activated by turning vibrate off in the menu and then activating ring and turning the volume to 0? Am I missing something? It would be nice if tapping the profile icon brought up a menu im that bar for ring, vibrate, vib+ring, and maybe one or two custom options (music controls could be hidden to select the profile).

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
On my Android and WinMo phone I used phone weaver lots of choices profile set by time and location I could do just about anything I could think of. I spent hours setting it up then changing every little setting. Its been a while sense I had a BB but it seams like it had a day and night setting as well. Using my WP I don't hassle with a bunch of settings. This way is much more simple. I have the ringer on during the day then at night or during a meeting I just turn it off, simple no hassling with a bunch if settings then worries if I set it up correctly. I really like the fact that the alarm sounds even with the ringer turned off. No other OS does that. For me the great thing about the profiles in WP is its simplicity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99