coolest live tile?

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
What's an app that does really neat stuff with the live tile? the xbox one is pretty cool, and the music player....

but what do you find the most unique?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like how the Weather Channel live tile shows the radar map or whatever it is. In Dalls it's always clear, but it's still cool to see the live tile doing something different.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The BBC News Mobile app does some pretty interesting things with the live tile, its pretty unique too in the way it displays the breaking news on it.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/cf88a758-84df-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Pinning a Group to the start screen is also very nice, as it shows the latest social update from members of that group, plus all of their profile pictures rotate on the tile.

Got to pimp my own application too. Tiled Picture allows you to split pictures up over multiple tiles to completely customise your own start screen. You can even pin up to 4 pictures on one tile and pin images to the back of the tiles too!
http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0de11b26-ee31-4409-8e30-cea5c6e2a033

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
USA Today is worth a look. News on the front and AccuWeather forecast on the back.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Have to say I'm really indifferent to the Xbox tile. My avatar must be the thing I care about least with regards to xbox. What would be cool is if it played a little game on it, like Space Invaders or Pac-Man!

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I like how the Weather Channel live tile shows the radar map or whatever it is. In Dalls it's always clear, but it's still cool to see the live tile doing something different.

yeah, I have this one too, and that is cool, but I also have the HTC app that shows the weather, and even though it provides less info, it sure looks cool when you open it

The BBC News Mobile app does some pretty interesting things with the live tile, its pretty unique too in the way it displays the breaking news on it.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/cf88a758-84df-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

Pinning a Group to the start screen is also very nice, as it shows the latest social update from members of that group, plus all of their profile pictures rotate on the tile.

Got to pimp my own application too. Tiled Picture allows you to split pictures up over multiple tiles to completely customise your own start screen. You can even pin up to 4 pictures on one tile and pin images to the back of the tiles too!
http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0de11b26-ee31-4409-8e30-cea5c6e2a033

not being in the UK, will the BBC app be of interest to me? is it primarily UK news? or is it world news?

your app sounds cool

USA Today is worth a look. News on the front and AccuWeather forecast on the back.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

I will have to look into this one, for the news, the weather will be my 3rd tile showing weather... may have to remove one of the other two

Have to say I'm really indifferent to the Xbox tile. My avatar must be the thing I care about least with regards to xbox. What would be cool is if it played a little game on it, like Space Invaders or Pac-Man!

I don't even have an xbox, I just meant in general the fact that the avatar is moving around on the tile is pretty neat

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
not being in the UK, will the BBC app be of interest to me? is it primarily UK news? or is it world news?

I think the BBC app actually allows you to pin different feeds to the start screen so even if you're from the US you can pin the US-news feed to the start screen. Never done it myself but it's free so no harm in trying. I'm currently seeing a bug where I can't customise toast notifications though. :(

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's cool that when you pin an Artist from the music player, you get a long rectangular tile with a picture of the band.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today the little face on the messaging tile changes. like I had 1 text it and had a winky face, and then I had 5 unchecked texts and it had a surprised face

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
BBC is an excellent and frequently-preferred news source, but as with some other sources, I prefer pinning bbc.com to my start page than the (free) bbc app.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it's cool that when you pin an Artist from the music player, you get a long rectangular tile with a picture of the band.
You know, I thought I knew alot about WP7...but I never knew you could pin an artist to the start screen and get a double tile. Great find! :)

I noticed today the little face on the messaging tile changes. like I had 1 text it and had a winky face, and then I had 5 unchecked texts and it had a surprised face
It goes to a sad face if a message fails to send :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon