New Tango Feature :D

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The app list indexing bug seems to be fixed now in Tango!

I had 44 apps, as soon as I installed 45th app - Indexing ON.

I uninstalled an app and - Indexing OFF.

If I remember right, once indexing was ON, there wasn't anyway to turn it back off even after uninstall, without a registry hack. I might just be making this up :s

sab742

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The app list indexing bug seems to be fixed now in Tango!

I had 44 apps, as soon as I installed 45th app - Indexing ON.

I uninstalled an app and - Indexing OFF.

If I remember right, once indexing was ON, there wasn't anyway to turn it back off even after uninstall, without a registry hack. I might just be making this up :s

I've noticed this too. It could be accomplished with a registry hack before but it works in a logical way now.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah remember someone suggesting me a reg key few months back.. but then this feature wasn't talked about anywhere. I wonder what other small things are patched in this update.

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
To me it looks like the effect when you scroll to the end of a page (start screen/webpage) has changed. The squash seems more obvious now. Correct me if I'm wrong

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I wish they hadn't "fixed" this. I LOVE the indexing, but now I have to leave apps installed that I don't actually want to stay over the 45. They should have just made it an option in the settings that was independent of app count.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I hate that indexing thing.. :(

I love the index function, 1 extra tap to get to the letter you want rather than more swipes to move down that far. Might be nice though to have it as a function that could be disabled for those that really don't want it.

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I forced the update on my HD7 and the app indexing is still there. I did a count and I only have 30 apps. I'd rather it was gone myself, or atleast have the option to turn it on and off.

aleclunsford

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my Samsung Focus S has a different color blue after tango update anyone else notice this? Also finally this morning on AT&T my phone asked for my voicemail password which enabled Visual Voice Mail. Did anyone else experience this?

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To me it looks like the effect when you scroll to the end of a page (start screen/webpage) has changed. The squash seems more obvious now. Correct me if I'm wrong
Ill agree as well, when I used to scroll to the bottom, it always "squashed" everything but now, its much smoother and keeps everything intact...nice.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I've got 85 apps some of them I got while they were free and I may use them later. Anyway I like the indexing thing its quite helpful. Right up there with groups with contacts and ask ziggy!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish they hadn't "fixed" this. I LOVE the indexing, but now I have to leave apps installed that I don't actually want to stay over the 45. They should have just made it an option in the settings that was independent of app count.

This is a 'duh'. Where was MS' head on this one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes