hey guys. I got a question. Very important

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i'm buying my friend a omnia w in nz. But not sure that zune pass. Works here. How do i get music. I have a 800 but i use nokia music.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Only way is to try and see if it does, they have a 14 day trial. Otherwise you'll have to use Nokia music or another app such as rhapsody.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i'm buying my friend a omnia w in nz. But not sure that zune pass. Works here. How do i get music. I have a 800 but i use nokia music.
ask them on twitter account https://twitter.com/zunesupport

on wikipedia it says zune marketplace
Availability

Zune Marketplace was originally only available in the United States. In October 2010, certain Zune Marketplace content became available in additional countries: the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Mexico, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. However, not all content is available in all countries; for example, podcasts and TV shows are not offered at all outside the United State

Last edited:

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I feel you man, I'm in NZ too. And no, we do not get zune pass and those nifty Bing search features, although we only get bing vision and voice, no music and local scout isn't even supported.

I do however have them, that is if you have a US account (that needs a valid US address and phone number - I use my aunts address and yes she gave me permission, and we have magicJack to have a supported US phone number, so that, I'm all covered.)

With a US account you can basically have a full-pledge windows phone (except local scout) plus you buy your apps $2NZD less. I gave my example on Final Fantasy on this - in NZ this costs $10.99 and in US it is $6.99. I got charged for total of $8.65NZD (including OffShore margins) So I saved a mere $3NZD lol

Not really sure about Xbox Music when it comes out. On Xbox's we only have Zune Video marketplace. We can only rent videos here or purchase them, but we can't get the TV shows and stuff - now this is where the US account comes in handy. I use VPN so I can watch The Legend of Korra in Zune Video marketplace.

So yeah, been using both Zune, Xbox, and Windows Phone for a year and a half now, so if you got NZ-related questions, I probably have the answer for that regarding to my experience with both NZ and US accounts.

Oh and yes, you can use Spotify as an alternative, but with Zune Pass you can have SmartDJ and those artist backgrounds that changes your lockscreen wallpaper.

AND Zune isn't dying, its only being rebranded as Xbox Music.
Look here: http://zune.net/en-US/promotions/xboxmusic.htm
So basically its Zune to the core, but they're changing the name and add more improvements to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon