Where are contacts that are not yet saved to SIM stored?

LeddZepp8687

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
As stated in title, I am curious where contacts that have not yet been saved to SIM end up at? I took my phone apart last night to replace my digitizer and I tore a ribbon cable... I was unable to get a replacement part anywhere locally but I was able to pick up an identical phone for parts locally. That phone works fine, but the charging port is dead. The charging port is on the lower portion of the motherboard on this phone (HTC Surround) and the phone's internal storage is also located on the lower part of the mobo in the form of a micoSD card. I was thinking I would just swap my lower motherboard into this phone I bought off craigslist but I am worried I will lose a lot of my info and whatnot... Particularly a very important phone number that I had recently added into my phone but not yet saved to SIM card.

Should I tear the phone for parts down all the way for the ribbon cable only or take the easy way out and swap my known good motherboard into the phone I got from craigslist?

The number is reallyyyy important so I am getting a little worried at this point in time.

Thanks in advance!

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
They're probably stored to memory in some form, but if you had saved the number as any kind of contact at all then it's saved to your hotmail/live/outlook account.

If it's only stored in the form of a recent call or text message then there's a solid chance that you'll lose it.

LeddZepp8687

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
They're probably stored to memory in some form, but if you had saved the number as any kind of contact at all then it's saved to your hotmail/live/outlook account.

If it's only stored in the form of a recent call or text message then there's a solid chance that you'll lose it.
I saved the number, I saved as a new windows live contact. Although I did a bunch of scratching around I couldn't seem to find the contacts I've added to my windows live account. Ill go check back there and see what I find.

Thanks for your help!

LeddZepp8687

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
It should be in your Windows Live account now, but let us know what you find.

Nice Avatar.. I'm from Chicago too.

I checked my "live" AKA Hotmail account just now.. If I select "Contacts" It throws me into a new window which appears as though it WOULD so me all my contacts, if it were working correctly. Figured my Flash was likely out of date so I let it update but same story... I'm browsing in Opera, Maybe thats the issue?

Where do you find your contacts on the web?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
go to your hot mail windows live hotmail account on your desktop and under hotmail you should be able on a pulldown menu to see contacts calendar mail and tap contacts they should be there.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If your phone did at least one mail sync "after" you created the new contact, then it should be in your Windows Live account in the Cloud. That assumes you were syncing contacts (had other WLive contacts on your phone). Your contacts sync each time your mail account syncs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

LeddZepp8687

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, Figured I would post an update..

Got the phone number I needed from my contacts list in hotmail on my work computer.. Thats a very convenient feature that I did not even know I had.

ALSO, I swapped my lower motherboard into the phone I bought for parts as that phone had a bad charging port.... Got my phone going and it is exactly as I left it.

Success!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon