Which feature would you vote for in WP 7.8

adityadhunna

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
It seems things are a bit up in the air at Microsoft when it comes to Windows Phone 7.8. So far the only confirmed feature in the OS update is the new Windows Phone 8 start screen, and despite reassurances by Microsoft that OEMs will continue to add features to the OS, Microsoft itself has not committed to adding more.

Now a member of the Windows Phone team has posted on their User Voice page asking for suggestions for exactly which features WP 7.5 users want on Windows Phone 8.
In response it seems users are expected to make individual topics for screen shots, IE10, datasmart, Office 2013, in-app payments and a host of other features which are not hardware dependent so that they can be voted and prioritized independently.

At least this is a sign of Microsoft opening the door to adding features. It also suggests WP 7.8 is not arriving any time soon
So which feature would you vote for?
Yes, this does not assure us that it would be given to us, but yes we can discuss and try!!

Sources: Microsoft throws Windows Phone 7.x users a bone, asks what features they want in WP 7.8 | WMPoweruser
MORE WINDOWS PHONE 7.8 FEATURES!!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That vote won't make any difference.

All the good stuff would have been done already if it was a reasonable bit of work.

We'll get a little something to make us a little bit happier, rather than something like Skype integration.

adityadhunna

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
That vote won't make any difference.

All the good stuff would have been done already if it was a reasonable bit of work.

We'll get a little something to make us a little bit happier, rather than something like Skype integration.
yes that is what i feel too..
There is no guarantee that this will be taken seriously

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
IE10 would be great, but I'm voting Skype. You can't get functional Skype in any way, while lock screen notifications and IE10 are enhancements and screenshots are possible through unlocking.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
See theres the thing. If proper skype was possible they'd have already done it. There have been loadsof tech articles about why it'll never happen on wp7.

So its all well and good voting for it, but its a wasted vote, and shows the uselessness of the poll.

Microsoft should at least make a poll of possible improvements, rather than open themselves up to more failure.

If Microsoft had any sense, they wouldn't make a poll, they'd go through and see just how many simple, easy requests they could whack into wp7.8, so give 30 small enhancements, instead of one big one.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think only the lockscreen improvements are likely to be adopted.

IE10 requires MULTIPLE WP8 enhancements in order to work properly.

Skype requires WP8 API's with SIP calling in order to work properly... although these API hooks are probably easier to retrofit.

The time and engineering resources required to do that effectively are cost prohibitive.

I'm glad Microsoft is helping users out with new features... but I do think it's important that everyone be thankful for that and be realistic on the options you're voting for. :)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually want to see In-App Purchased brought to WP7.8 I believe it wouldn't be hard to implement and would actually help developers.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
See theres the thing. If proper skype was possible they'd have already done it. There have been loadsof tech articles about why it'll never happen on wp7.
Then they are all false. Microsoft builds the operating system. There is nothing stopping them from creating the hooks that Skype can plug into, even if it doesn't open up for other VoIP services (antitrust isn't an issue here).

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The best move will be to deliver all WP8 features that can be supported by WP7.5 devices. This will be appreciated and understood by all. No objections.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Where is the "none of the above" selection. I'd like to be able to do mundane things such as BT file transfer, a reliable file manager or at least be able to attach a pdf file to an email. Is this too much to ask?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I chose "Skydrive Integration." I'm assuming that means the alleged SMS backup features and the like. I think that's the most crucial feature to have if we're only allowed one other feature on 7.8 aside from the new Start screen. It will make the transition to WP8 easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven