Custom ROMs and modding

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, so Im coming from a world of custom ROM's in Android which leads me to ask about the situation for WP8
In a way, this is all theory until the devices come out and I actually hold them, but I have concerns over the thickness of the 920.
Depending on where you look it is less than a 1mm according to some spec sheets posted, but when I watch the videos, there is a definite difference between the 8X and the 920, quite noticeable.
I really like the HTC design, but Im even more convinced over the Nokia apps and they are the deal breaker for me as I think they will make a massive difference to the overall experience.
So with Bing maps becoming Nokia maps and Nokia drive being made available for all other WP8 phones, what are the chances of some clever guy on XDA ripping the rest of the Nokia apps from a 920 and people being able to install them on non nokia devices, a bit like they did for S-Voice for non-Samsung devices?
If there is very little chance, then I will go for the 920, otherwise I might just think about the 8X in blue..

Just wanted to check with those that know how the modding scene with WP8 is likely to look?

Ta

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well we had Nokia maps/drive on other WP with unlocked devices , but honestly im not sure whats gona happen with wp8 , its a whole new ball game,

think its possible but unlikely. it might happen in a year or 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs