How can I remove email address from drop-down list

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I have a few email address that start to populate when I send an email, and I would like to get rid of them. Sold some stuff on craigslist, and now I can't find a way to remove them.

Any help?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Dude, that is awesome. Thank you.

It did just make the change, but it still pulls up the email addresses. It might just take a little while.

Thanks again.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it looks like it is yahoo's fault.

I have two emails setup on my phone, the outlook one and a yahoo one. I was using my yahoo one when replying to the emails, so they are saved there.

But, when I go to send an email with my outlook address from my phone, the emails are there from yahoo sent items. These people are not listed in my contacts.

Is there a way to fix that?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I have an old Yahoo. I'll look into their options for you. However you can change your account settings on the phone to not sync Yahoo contacts via settings, and email + accounts. Select the account, and take the tick out of contacts.

Thanks. I don't have an option for contacts or calendar within my yahoo account. Also, if I go into the settings on my phone contacts, it only lists my windows account as being synced. (sp?)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't see a similar option for Yahoo. You could unlink the account by using https://account.live.com/Permissions and then selecting "manage your accounts". When you get to the new page, you should see Yahoo listed, if you do, click "edit" and you'll see the option to remove account near the bottom of the page.

Thanks. I looked there, but my yahoo account is not listed there.

This is strange. It seems that the phone is compiling any and all email address that I send/reply to and saving them somewhere... Not really a fan of that.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't want to remove my yahoo account, as I still use it. The email addresses that are populating are not saved contacts. For example this is what is happening.

I have two email accounts on my phone, 1 for outlook and 1 for yahoo.

I replied to a few craigslist questions through my yahoo email. I did not save the addresses, only replied. I will never use those email addresses again.

I went to send an email through my phone using my outlook account, and email addresses are populating with addresses(when I hit a "J" for example) from when I replied through my yahoo mail. I never sent an email to that address through my outlook account.

It appears there is a setting on the phone somewhere, which we may not have access to that saves every email address you send to, and makes them available to any account. I don't think it should be doing this though.

The same email address are not populating if I go through www.yahoo.com or www.outlook.com. This only happens on the phone, so it appears it is an issue with the phone.

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I sent the emails from my phone.

Any emails I send from one account to an email address (even when they are not a contact) becomes a saved email address to both email accounts, in the drop down.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't want to remove my yahoo account, as I still use it. The email addresses that are populating are not saved contacts. For example this is what is happening.

I have two email accounts on my phone, 1 for outlook and 1 for yahoo.

I replied to a few craigslist questions through my yahoo email. I did not save the addresses, only replied. I will never use those email addresses again.

I went to send an email through my phone using my outlook account, and email addresses are populating with addresses(when I hit a "J" for example) from when I replied through my yahoo mail. I never sent an email to that address through my outlook account.

It appears there is a setting on the phone somewhere, which we may not have access to that saves every email address you send to, and makes them available to any account. I don't think it should be doing this though.

The same email address are not populating if I go through Yahoo! or www.outlook.com. This only happens on the phone, so it appears it is an issue with the phone.

I think it would save some confusion if you just left the Outlook part out of your issue...

You sent some emails to one off accounts that you will never email again, yet they still pop up in the "Autofill" when you are trying to email someone...why and how do you get rid of it? - That is the question I would pose.

I do not have an answer, but I see the same thing, mostly in the form of duplicates. When I type in my wife's email address to shoot a quick note, her name/email pops up ~3-4 times. I think that would mostly be to having received and replied to the same email with multiple name headings (when she emails from HER phone her name is "Wife (Phone)" and from her computer it is "Wife Middle Last" and from the tablet it is "Wife Last"; you get the idea).

I only have 1 contact for her in my phone.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it would save some confusion if you just left the Outlook part out of your issue...

You sent some emails to one off accounts that you will never email again, yet they still pop up in the "Autofill" when you are trying to email someone...why and how do you get rid of it? - That is the question I would pose.

I do not have an answer, but I see the same thing, mostly in the form of duplicates. When I type in my wife's email address to shoot a quick note, her name/email pops up ~3-4 times. I think that would mostly be to having received and replied to the same email with multiple name headings (when she emails from HER phone her name is "Wife (Phone)" and from her computer it is "Wife Middle Last" and from the tablet it is "Wife Last"; you get the idea).

I only have 1 contact for her in my phone.

I agree. I just seems odd that the sent email addresses are saved on the phone somewhere and are available to any email acccount used by the phone.

I don't like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes