02-02-2015 08:25 PM
33 12
tools
    Get a Miracast to HDMI receiver dongle (or check if your TV can do screen sharing already).
    01-13-2015 04:26 AM
    for me If a smartphone does not have tv out then it is useless. i do not buy it. that is why I love nokia phones with tv out and most android phone does`t. the tv out helps you to use the phone as a dvd player (I never used my dvd player after i bought a nokia with tv out), you can also use it to see pictures and don`t be limited to a small screen, i use it to read some books, i also use it for games , et, etc The tv out is the best on a phone.
    01-28-2015 01:37 PM
    for me If a smartphone does not have tv out then it is useless. i do not buy it. that is why I love nokia phones with tv out and most android phone does`t. the tv out helps you to use the phone as a dvd player (I never used my dvd player after i bought a nokia with tv out), you can also use it to see pictures and don`t be limited to a small screen, i use it to read some books, i also use it for games , et, etc The tv out is the best on a phone.
    01-28-2015 01:42 PM
    PlayTo, Smart Player, Cplayer. There's a lot of TV-out on Windows Phone 8.1.

But if you are in last century, using a last century TV, probably you need a last century "stupidphone" too, not a smartphone....
    02-02-2015 04:55 PM
    PlayTo, Smart Player, Cplayer. There's a lot of TV-out on Windows Phone 8.1.

But if you are in last century, using a last century TV, probably you need a last century "stupidphone" too, not a smartphone....
    DLNA streaming is not the same as what is being asked here (which is an ancient thread). some people want to output everything from their phone to their tv (or whatever else), no just media to an available UPNP player.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    02-02-2015 05:08 PM
    Miracast is the solution to that, but only on the latest WPs I'm afraid. The good news is that the 930 with Denim now works with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI) with firmware 6.1. I expect other newer Lumias and the Roku 3 will now work too. So, no need to get another dongle if you have a Roku about.

Of course, you can project to a PC screen with a usb cable, as an alternative.
    sifyganesh likes this.
    02-02-2015 05:41 PM
    DLNA streaming is not the same as what is being asked here (which is an ancient thread). some people want to output everything from their phone to their tv (or whatever else), no just media to an available UPNP player.
    New Lumia devices have these capabilities, don't? Lumia 930 have it, for sure.
    sifyganesh likes this.
    02-02-2015 08:18 PM
    Lumia 928 supports Miracast, now that Denim has been released and works great with my Amazon Fire TV stick
    sifyganesh likes this.
    02-02-2015 08:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD