Falling in love with WP8; Here are the apps I use (former iPhone 4 user)

Gyroscope

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Great list! I too just moved from an iPhone4 to a Lumia 920. The only app I'm still looking for a decent replacement for is Logmein Ignition. Any suggestions?

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would of been in the same situation as you, coming from the iPhone for to the HTC 8S but the sods at HTC crippled the phone with 1.3GB of free space. So I had to return it as the handful of apps I use wouldn't fit on :-(

Mimapr

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am new here and just got my phone yesterday. I searched in the store for Monkey Media but nothing comes up. Does it have another name? I also have an ipad and I am looking for a program where I can transfer my music from ITunes. Thanks

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Great original post, i would love to see a post similar to this for people coming from android. I will be receiving my yellow nokia 920 soon and would love a nice concise list of comparable apps.

Shawn

bigsteveoya

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
"I may, one day, miss the video out capability of the iPhone; hopefully a nice Play To DLNA app comes out soon"

Can this be handled with just an app? Is the phone's hardware capable? Very curious, as this is one of the things I was unhappy about with my 920.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"I may, one day, miss the video out capability of the iPhone; hopefully a nice Play To DLNA app comes out soon"

Can this be handled with just an app? Is the phone's hardware capable? Very curious, as this is one of the things I was unhappy about with my 920.

Nokia already have a DLNA Play To app for their WP7 phones. Its working great and I've been using it to play music and videos from my phone to my Xbox while I'm using my PC for gaming. I don't know whether the WP7 version works on WP8 or not but there is no reason why such an app cannot work or ported to a WP8 device if it works on my WP7 Nokia Lumia 710 phone.

bigsteveoya

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, I confused DLNA with MHL. I found a MHL cable online that said it works with the Lumia 920 but I'm not sure if it's actually possible.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
...I love my lumia 920 but trying to save a pdf from an email just filled me with rage and looking for a file manager since release has really made me realize that this phone is just a novelty.
I have found that you can browse files using the Office app (well, Office-centric files and .PDFs if you have the PDF Viewer installed), but yeah, it would be great to find something I can use to browse/"Power Use" the file system with. :(

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
TuneIn Radio is available for WP8, I have it installed and use it on my ATIV S and on the subject of Facebook have you tried the Facebook Beta, yes I know it has some issues but it's way faster than the standard WP Facebook app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon