Anyone else have this sound issue... ( I am on Lumia 920 ) ... think its a Windows Phone 8 bug.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I listen to lots of podcasts. Occasionally, about 3 times a week, the volume stops working. Meaning, I notice it really loud. I go to adjust the volume and nothing. I can see the display and I will set it to 0 for example, but still hear sound full blast. I have to reboot the phone for it to start reacting as expected. Sounds like a Windows Phone 8 bug really. Just checking to see if others have this same issue.

d00cwe

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There is some sound issues on the 8x where the sound gets really low and distorted and the only sound that works is the sound in a call or in the xbox music app.
You have to reboot the phone.
Anyone on a 920 had this one?

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not yet but thanks all for verifying this all sounds like general windows phone 8 software issue. I will see about reporting this to Microsoft.

Lloyd Grose

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
As anyone had any sound and video problems when playing back podcasts. I also listen to podcasts and on most of them the video and sound momentarily skips every 6 secs. I thought it might be the video itself but it works ok on my laptop. I've tried syncing or downloading over the air but the problem remains. I agree it is a WP8 bug as this is the third 920 I've had (long story) and the problem has been evident on all three.

Gleb Budilovsky

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I found a way around a reboot. The sound is only adjustable if music is playing. So you have to back out of a podcast, select a song to adjust the volume, then go back to your podcast. So annoying!! This needs to be fixed!!!

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had both issues on my lumia 920 it will all of a sudden out of no where shoot to full 30/30 volume. I play around with the volume controls and nothing. If I go into another app that requires volume it will shoot all the way down to 0. a rebootfixes everything.

greg_mitch

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add my wife's white 920 is having this problem. My black 920 has never had this issue, but I have only listened to a few podcasts but listen to music fairly regularly.

I also noticed the workaround by playing music to adjust volume and then starting podcast again at the new lower volume, but further adjustment of volume requires jumping back to music.

Not sure when a fix for this is coming...don't want to have the wife rebooting every other day.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've only had that once on my 8X but I have had another problem where the beats audio sometimes won't be effective until after unplugging and reinserting the plug. Also get some weird noise at the end of each song in my headset while streaming, this may be due to the sometimes sucky coverage around my house because I don't hear the noise elsewhere or when listening to local content.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
try this, once you have the issue, go to settings> ringtones+sounds> play ur ringtone then turn off ringer and vibrate for 5 sec, turn them on, play ur ringtone then check if u can control your sound

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've only had that once on my 8X but I have had another problem where the beats audio sometimes won't be effective until after unplugging and reinserting the plug. Also get some weird noise at the end of each song in my headset while streaming, this may be due to the sometimes sucky coverage around my house because I don't hear the noise elsewhere or when listening to local content.

When streaming it's a known issue the "poc" sound at the end of the song, exactly afterwards it changes the song. It's a little annoying.

Gavin Boyd

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 920 and I've noticed the exact same issue. Pausing the episode, going back to the home-screen and adjusting the volume is the only solution I've found. It's pretty irritating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6