Anyone with WP7.8 updated HTC HD7?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with HTC HD7 upgraded to WP7.8? So far I'm seeing and hearing nothing as I keep on plugging my phone to Zune with no update available. I'm beginning to think HTC has really abandoned us and I'm stuck with Mango. Seriously if this is true, will be damned pissed and this phone will be my last with HTC.

So can anyone just confirm if he/she has already updated his/her HD7 to WP7.8?

ZeroGravity003

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with HTC HD7 upgraded to WP7.8? So far I'm seeing and hearing nothing as I keep on plugging my phone to Zune with no update available. I'm beginning to think HTC has really abandoned us and I'm stuck with Mango. Seriously if this is true, will be damned pissed and this phone will be my last with HTC.

So can anyone just confirm if he/she has already updated his/her HD7 to WP7.8?

unfortunately t-mobile said that they are passing it. they will not be updating it so sucks for U.S. T-mobile but Unbranded phones and unlocked htc hd7 will get it regardless of carrier. so pretty much if you have unlocked htc hd7 but still have the T-mobile carrier brand on top next to HTC. you wont get it. But luckily you can use WindowsHacker "SevenEighter" all you need to do is download this, close ZUNE (before you start the SevenEighter Program) then it will ask you to install "update tool" install it first into your PC and run the SevenEighter again and just plug your Phone and let the automatic update begin. It might be a couple updates until you get to 7.8 but thats how i got mine on that update. since im with branded T-mobile.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine is unbranded and will wait for a while to see if I get it. If I don't by end of February, will try Seveneighter and also done with HTC....maybe Nokia will do. This Sucks!

Anton1967

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Updated my unbranded HTC HD7 here in Italy with Zune disconnection trick.
Btw, I'd like to know why this method works, technically speaking.

Jihad Awada

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes , I updated my HTC HD 7 to 7.8 , I had to trick it by unplugging my internet cable , I had a problem with the market place in the first couple days , but now it's all fine

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hah!! Just updated my HTC HD7 to WP 7.8 with the force method. Now I feel good. But really don't know whether it's just me or not but most of my apps can not have the wide tile, just the small and medium...no wide tile meanwhile I thought Twitter just updated to wide tile but can't change that on my phone (or is the wide tile for WP8 only?) it's it like that or just me? Help.

TURN1TABLE

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, a very grateful me (in the UK)! Yesterday, having spent many hours getting up to speed researching alternative processes and literally just as I was about to 'force' the update using a well known 'tool', Zune kindly informed me that my HD7 was due an update.

In fact I think 3 updates came my way, resulting in the more user friendly front screen (cant say I've noticed any other improvements (though still playing!).

Many thanks Microsoft (though a shame it didn't include 'folders').

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Might want to note that for those using SevenEighter to install each language pack presently installed on your handset. If you want to avoid any problems, I suggest installing ALL available language packs, they don't take up a considerable amount of space and most problems occurring after the 7.8 update correlate to the negligence of installing the language packs correctly.

John Tonks

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, noted your are in the uk also and u got zune to update to 7.8 using the trick. I was on o2, got it sim unlocked after contract ended and now on giffgaff (a differnt flavour of o2). I could not get the update trick to work and it was not through lack of trying i can tell you. Can i ask what network you are on. Wondered it ordering a free sim off a different network could achive somthing?

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hah!! Just updated my HTC HD7 to WP 7.8 with the force method. Now I feel good. But really don't know whether it's just me or not but most of my apps can not have the wide tile, just the small and medium...no wide tile meanwhile I thought Twitter just updated to wide tile but can't change that on my phone (or is the wide tile for WP8 only?) it's it like that or just me? Help.

Not everything has a double wide tile, even on windows. Then, live tiles are a different story, and they flip and display information pertaining to the app. So, wide tiles are not supported on all of the apps.

Hope This Helps!

team79

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
United States, HTC HD7, ATT service though phone is unlocked.

Zune Notified me of the updates being available tonight as I was syncing a playlist to the phone
New version on the phone is 7.10.8862.144 (otherwise none as 7.8)

Sasakinator

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
United States, HTC HD7, ATT service though phone is unlocked.

Zune Notified me of the updates being available tonight as I was syncing a playlist to the phone
New version on the phone is 7.10.8862.144 (otherwise none as 7.8)

Nice! Had to force update mine since it's still locked to Tmo. For everyone doing the force update make sure your on the latest fw (build 8862) to get any tile problems fixed!

TURN1TABLE

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Apologies for the delay. I did not use the 'forced' method (though was about to!), I updated via a Zune notification that an update was available. However, my HD7 was originally an import from USA and although it has a T-Mobile brand on it has always been unlocked. The phone is currently on a sim only contract with Virgin (don't feel this had anything to do with the update).

tinman948

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello I got my HTC Surround (T8788) to ver. 7.10.8112 with the hacker tool then I got an error. Something about img file.
Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes