How to toggle audio over bluetooth on and off on WP8

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 that connects to my Ford Sync via Bluetooth. When on a call, there is an option on the phone to disconnect from Bluetooth. How can I stop audio from broadcasting over Bluetooth when using other apps? For example, when my daughter is watching Netflix, playing a game, or listening to Xbox music, I don't want that broadcasting through the car audio system. Is there an easy way to toggle on and off as there is when on a voice call?

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the only way to do this is in the settings, under Bluetooth. There you can tap on the connected device to disconnect from it. You can then go to whatever app (like Netflix), and when you're done, hold the back button to get back to the Bluetooth settings quickly. There are more than several apps that will allow you to create a live tile to go straight into the Bluetooth settings. "Toggle" is one that I am using now to create a live tile for Bluetooth as well as airplane mode.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, you'd like to leave the phone synced to receive calls, but do not want other media (Netflix, games, etc.) playing through the speakers. Currently there's no way to select Bluetooth profiles on the phone. Your best option would be to see if your headunit allows that flexibility. Hopefully this feature comes with future updates (vote for it here - Provide the ability to select which Bluetooth profiles are enabled for each Bluetooth device.). If you're just looking for a way to quickly disconnect Bluetooth connectivity entirely, then jonathanrn's suggestion is the quickest way to do this.

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If I understand correctly, you'd like to leave the phone synced to receive calls, but do not want other media (Netflix, games, etc.) playing through the speakers.

Yes, this is correct.

Currently there's no way to select Bluetooth profiles on the phone.

Was this true for Windows 7 phone as well? I don't remember running into this problem when I had my LG Quantum paired with this car.

Hopefully this feature comes with future updates (vote for it here - Provide the ability to select which Bluetooth profiles are enabled for each Bluetooth device.).

Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro