Giving programs access to a mounted WP8

jh0nnnn

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys & gals, I have a real problem with my Lumia 920. It got stuck in a boot loop and I had to do a hard reset with it - taking a substantial amount unbacked of pictures, videos and such with it.

I've had great success with returning files from formatted and even corrupted SD cards and such but I simply can't find a recovery software that could access a MTP device on my Windows 8 desktop. Is there currently ANY way to make the computer see my phone as a regular drive / mass storage device? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

jh0nnnn

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Bump. After posting, I've found several tricks but seems like nothing works. I found two ways of going around the (frankly, idiotic) MTP-only restriction but seems like either wont work on a WP8 phone.

Android users can do a full image of the internal memory but that would apparently require some software running on the phones end doing the mapping and/or something else. Other way is to change the way Windows sees the phone by altering the USB device registry settings. I was able to find that the VID apparently is VID_0421&PID_0661&MI_00 for the Lumia 920 but that's it. There are no settings to tweak under it.

Has anyone found a single hack that would work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux