Android and iOS are the pubic restrooms of smartphone OSes

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I just posted this as a comment in response to CNET poster saying 'WP8 is a mess'. Who's with me?

"You only think its a mess because its so customizable that its hard to understand the OS if you're using a demo device or someone elses. Think of it this way. Let's say smartphone OSes are like bathrooms. Bear with me. If you walked into someone else's bathroom it would feel foreign to you because they have it set up differently. If you had to find a roll of toilet paper because they had just run out you'd probably be confused because it may not be where it is in your own bathroom. Now imagine you and your friend walk into a public bathroom(for no reason other than nature calls), you both know where everything is, you're both familiar with the setup, and you can get in and out quickly(hopefully). But this public bathroom doesn't have the soap you like, the toilet paper dispenser is on right of stall when you prefer reaching to the left when its time, and its overall just not somewhere you want to be. You know this bathroom but would you ever trade it for your own personalized bathroom back home? No. You wouldn't. Android and iOs are the public restrooms of OSes while WP8 can provide the comfort and solace that only your personal bathroom can. I rest my case."

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed a rather unfortunate typo in my thread title... that was supposed to say public... is it possible to change that?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think your first problem was reading a cnet article. Seriously, if they were any farther up Apples waste disposal tract they would be eating their food for them.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I think your first problem was reading a cnet article. Seriously, if they were any farther up Apples waste disposal tract they would be eating their food for them.

I never really read their stuff but always thought of them as impartial. The article didn't seem outright biased, more that the writer was uninformed. My comment was in regards to a reader comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans