getting a windows phone tomorrow! I have questions!?

someperson5555555

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok here are my concerns...

I want to link my windows phone to my xbox live account. The email or windows live id i use for my xbox account is not a real email address. I have made an alias with an actual email account. SOOOOOO....... what I'm wondering is when I sign into my phone for the first time should I sign in with my alias(that is an actual email account), and if I do this will my gamertag still show up and will I be able to view/receive emails on my phone from this email?

Thanks!

someperson5555555

May 19, 2013
Visit site
also my alias is a gmail account so lets just say when I sign in to my account for the first time on my phone if I use my example@gmail.com account will I be able to send and receive emails from that account on my phone as well as have my gamertag linked to my phone? sorry if this is confusing.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
You should use a hotmail/outlook account for the primary sign in on WP. It's more compatible and has a much less chance to cause problems.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Something similar to this happened to me, here's what I had to do.

When I got my 920 I signed in with my Microsoft account and everything and it was all good but I realised that I had a random gamertag (literally a bunch of numbers) and not the one I already signed into on my xbox through my Hotmail account. Here's how I did it: Change Microsoft Account | Xbox Microsoft Account | Xbox Windows Live ID - Xbox.com

You should be able to send and receive emails fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire