What is considered as NORMAL battery discharging rate??

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
i dont know about rate but on light to medium usage i churn out 2 days of battery life...switch of net when not in use n usually play,games n 1hr call everyday

last,week i got around 3 days battery backup..maybe because of cold weather !!

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 620 last about 5-6 hours with discharge rate 11% to 15%.
That's for light use and idle. I've disable a lot (location, wifi, background task, and glance). I got few toast from Line and Twitter .

If I use it heavily (games, browsing, twitter) it could goes up to 30%.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 1020 is new. Been using it for 6 days now. I get between 5 to 6 % battery drain. With light use I get 2 days showing on the battery meter. Since its new I love playing with it...wifi connected wen available and Internet connected 24x7. I have 4 to 5 background tasks

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm discharging battery faster than usual with 16.3/hr rate

Lets know what's your rate and how is your battery doing.. HTC 8X here :)

wow, that's extremely high, the only time i get discharge rate that high is playing games, my L1020 typically gets about 2-3% standby, and 4.5-6% with moderate use, somethings going on with your phone besides background tasks, whats the % of discharge in standby, if your getting huge discharge rates in standby, lets say over 4% it would seem to me that there's some type of issue with your signal strength, either your getting a very weak signal, or there's an issue with your phones radio antenna and its constantly searching for a signal, could you clarify the 16.3% rate, when do you see that percentage, is that an average # or during high usage

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the scenario that you are asking about. Since updating to GDR3 my idle discharge rate is less than 1% per hour. I have an ATIV S. This thing is approaching BB territory for me. I have most background tasks disabled except for the Bing Apps, emails (2 push accounts), calendar, FB and LinkedIn

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes people forget that ALL rechargable batteries require "maintenance". A simple task can increase your battery life a great deal and help with discharge rates as well.
1) Allow your battery to drain down to below 10% (or run it until the phone shuts down).
2) Using a plug-in, wired charging cable, fully charge your battery to 100% WITHOUT INTERRUPTION (i.e., DO NOT UNPLUG the charging wire from the phone until it is fully charged - if you get a call, talk with the phone plugged in).
3) After fully charged, unplug and monitor your battery discharge rate. If still high, repeat steps 1 and 2 again. This should fix your problem. If not, time to replace our battery - send to manufacturer and request they replace the battery - or get a new phone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My 1020 will average around 4-5% on standby. About 8-13% for moderate to heavy usage. I'm not really a lite user, but I think lite usage is around 5-7%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon