Xbox music going multiplatform

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
According to the verge MS bringing a web based Xbox music and comparability with android and IOS. At this point is there a reason to switch or own a wp8

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that there are that many people buying a wp8 just for Xbox music for that to be a factor.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess the OP is more so referring to things like Skype and many good previously exclusive games coming to other platforms too, rather than just Xbox music being the sole reason behind all this.

But as an answer to the question. For me it's not any single app or service or even several of them. Even just the UI and the ideology behind it is enough for me to use WP. I'm just happy that they can make the Xbox franchise expand as far as possible.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it is web based that would mean streaming only. So in fairness its not that big a deal.

If they do turn it into a proper subscription based app then that's all good news rather than bad, more money in the coffers for windows phone division to use.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
According to the verge MS bringing a web based Xbox music and comparability with android and IOS. At this point is there a reason to switch or own a wp8
This was announced a very long time ago - good to hear more chatter about it. I think them bringing their subscription-based music service multiplatform is a good thing, personally. Sometimes I wish I had access to some of the things on iTunes via my Windows Phone (fact is, iTunes gets a LOT more than any other music store. An excellent favorite podcast of mine went from being found via podcast on my Zune and Windows Phone to being only via iTunes. Some artists release songs only on iTunes, and small-time artists really only put up their music in one place sometimes). Of course, I also refuse to reinstall iTunes to my computer because of how it tries to take control of everything ;)

And yes, more exposure = more people which means more music on the service added at a much faster pace. Yea, most of the music *I* want I can find on Xbox Music, but not everything is there and it is still missing stuff.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow I guess people just have no clue. Microsoft is bringing all of wp8's apps and services to android and IOS which makes the wp8 platform lose any exclusive features and services that could sway people to wp8. Not only that but the apps looks and perform better on those platforms . Saying its great because it gives them more exposure is the wrong way of thinking. If Microsoft was just a services co pant then yes that would be wonderful but bringing your platforms core to your competitors is basically waving the white flag. That would be like MS giving son y halo, fable, forza and xbl.
why would anyone choose an the wp8 platform with its lesser amount of apps, **** poor battery management due to a billion unoptimized apps,lack of note center.yes the ui is cool and fluid but you can't sell the platform on just live tiles that don't work all the time or only update every 30minutes.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that there are that many people buying a wp8 just for Xbox music for that to be a factor.

I agree. I've never used Zune or Xbox music subscriptions. In fact I never knew such things existed until I joined WPCentral. I never owned a Zune or an Xbox. I've never known anyone who owned a Zune. Everyone had iPods, except me. I had a SanDisk mp3 player.

I buy 95% of my music from Amazon.com. When I stream I just use a free service like Slacker, last.fm or Pandora.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you know what is gross? Engadget and other -former- reputable technology news sites posting and reposting every news snippet that makes Microsoft look bad and weak and actually lauding the downfall of a company and decreased competition. I have no analogies that can describe this public sickness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital