Transfer from existing WP8 to a new one

aweinograd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and if I get a new/replacement phone wondering what the "gotchas" are when migrating. I don't auto sync photos and videos, so I would do that manually. I also know I have to re-link all my contacts across accounts. I can individually reinstall apps. Is that it?

TIA

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
All your contacts will reappear when you sign into your live account on your new phone. If you backup your apps, you will be asked if you want to restore them all on your new phone when you sign into it. No real gimmicks, basically everything transfers. Just backup your photos and videos.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and if I get a new/replacement phone wondering what the "gotchas" are when migrating. I don't auto sync photos and videos, so I would do that manually. I also know I have to re-link all my contacts across accounts. I can individually reinstall apps. Is that it?

TIA

If you backup your settings...it will save account info, and your app list. So after you get your "new" phone and log in with your live/hotmail account, it will ask you if you want to restore your settings.

It does not backup application settings or game saves. Just a FYI.

I moved from a HTC 8X to a 928 and it restored all my accounts, just asked for the passwords for the accounts. It just stinks that I have to restart games that I already finished or was close to finishing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard