Notifications Problem Again

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
hi 2 weeks ago I had to reset the my lumia 920 to have the notification back working and now I'm having problems with notifications again. I have been searching everywhere and looks like there is no solution without a hard reset. but it is a lot painful loading all apps and configure again...

Can you help?

I'm almost ditching WP. I'm support it since the first release with HTC HD7

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Which apps are giving you issues on notifications?

1st time was Whatsapp and WPCentral

this time WeChat and Groupme (I use group me a lot for work)

I removed apps and add again. I disabled all background tasks. and now the HeyWire is giving me a message after I reinstall it "A push notification ChannelOpenFailed error occurred. Your device has used the maximum number of push channels..." but I don't have any app enabled in the background tasks. Looks like it is a bug. I have seen a lot of people with this problem in the forums.
Looks like the phone is not cleaning the background app list.

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I reseted my phone today because of this. I have a Lumia 720. I needed to flash my phone because of the two endless spinning wheels... anyway, i think i found a solution.

Try to remove your facebook account. Not the app, the account. Go on settings, email and accounts, and remove facebook account. Restart your phone and see if everything works. It worked for me

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I reseted my phone today because of this. I have a Lumia 720. I needed to flash my phone because of the two endless spinning wheels... anyway, i think i found a solution.

Try to remove your facebook account. Not the app, the account. Go on settings, email and accounts, and remove facebook account. Restart your phone and see if everything works. It worked for me

Thanks but no luck. I'm getting frustrated with this

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My notifications are bad again... I just can hope GDR2 makes it better... im searching right now on internet to see if theres someone with gdr2 having this problem

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was about one hour with the Windows phone support on twitter and they don't know how to fix it after a while they gave up and told me to post in this link. Feature Suggestions: Top (31862 ideas)

can you hit the Windows phone support on twitter and show them that it is not only me?...... I'm going to return to my HD7 or Gs4G until they fix this....

Last edited:

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the processes that are running in the background. If you don't need it, block it. Your notifications will turn back on if you disable the problem app. For me, it was iheartradio. Also, make sure everything you want notifications from is pinned to start.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the processes that are running in the background. If you don't need it, block it. Your notifications will turn back on if you disable the problem app. For me, it was iheartradio. Also, make sure everything you want notifications from is pinned to start.

I disabled all background process. I done all steps that the weak WinPhoneSupport gave me without success.

Last edited:

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I know its a pain, but check for background agents or play while locked in other apps too, they run in iheartradio, metrotube and they'll be in individual app settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon