Bing Apps - Change app language and content

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi WP Central,

Microsoft finally released Bing Apps to Windows Phone 8 a few weeks ago however, against the expected, the apps lack functions compared to their Windows 8 version. The function I'm looking for is the one that allows to change the app language and content to match the country you want. This function is available in Bing News, Sports and Finance in W8 apps and is a big deal to many of us who have to use the United States as "country/region" to avoid marketplace restrictions but end with those apps becoming useless because it matches the content with the phone country. Anyone else upset with this disregard by Microsoft? Any information if they are already aware of this problem and looking for a fix? Where can I contact MSFT to make some pressure to update the apps.

Captura de Tela (6).jpg

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It may be that they simply didn't worry about getting that option into the app to start, and that they will later. I think it is more likely they want people using the correct region instead of trying to bypass restrictions.

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
The Bing apps looked very good to me. Especially the News app, it's brilliant. Very good UI and good features. You could always add trending topics if you want regional news.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
It may be that they simply didn't worry about getting that option into the app to start, and that they will later. I think it is more likely they want people using the correct region instead of trying to bypass restrictions.

That's not the case since it's available in Windows 8. I'm Brazilian but live in Ireland and use the apps in Windows 8 to read news about my homeland, bypass restrictions isn't the reason why this function was implemented. Believe or not some people live and travel to many countries so it's good to have the app to show the information you need.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Simply may be something they haven't added yet. It has only been out for a short time. Are you looking for news from both Brazil and Ireland or just one?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I found region change - scroll right or left until you get to "Sources". Click on the "edit" option (looks like a pencil). Click on the picture at the bottom that looks like a globe.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your effort to help however this option only let's you pick individual sources. The headlines remains untouched.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
While it may not be automatic, it allows you to change where it pulls the stories from. Not perfect but it does what you want. If you don't want US stories, deselect the US sources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes