Flash Nokia Lumia 920 Amber to another ROM to enable 4G browsing speed

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! Here is my "problem":
I have an unlocked L920 At&t which I, as many others, flashed with an European Rom (Norwegian Country Variant) to get a fully featured amber update. Everything works just fine, even the internet sharing and all that stuff-no problem.
The problem is with the internet speed. Under Settings-->Cellular-->Highest connection speed I just have 2G and 3G. What I understood from another forum is that the Norwegian ROM is 4G ready but not enabled. It also says that if I want 4G browsing speed now, I have to flash to another ROM.
And here is my question (finally):
to flash another ROM I have to just download the new one and flash it right away? (to flash this one I had to flash Rogers pre-portico first)!!

And if the answer is yes: I was thinking to flash the UK Country Variant (I'm pretty sure they have 4G enabled).
What do you think?
Thanks!!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
4G is not part of Amber, it is an extra little update sent separately. Yes, we got it sent at the same time as Amber in the UK, but it is really a separate update. You don't need to reflash the whole rom, just add the 4G update (however you do that when using unofficial flashing methods, I can't help there...).

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
4G is not part of Amber, it is an extra little update sent separately. Yes, we got it sent at the same time as Amber in the UK, but it is really a separate update. You don't need to reflash the whole rom, just add the 4G update (however you do that when using unofficial flashing methods, I can't help there...).

I don't agree. The 4G option is built into the ROM. Non-EE UK users will have probably only got 4G after Amber because Vodafone, O2 etc are now rolling out 4G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon