I have browsed forums and how-to's for hours, and no matter what I do, I cannot get my HTC 8X to appear in devices, device manager, explorer, or in the windows phone desktop app. I was just wondering if I could gather some knowledge here, if anyone has some suggestions or tips and tricks. I just want to put some music on the phone, and I am extremely frustrated... haha. A couple other things...

Why do they have such a broken system for transferring music? Why can't we have an app like skydrive that hooks up with itunes that just syncs the music wirelessly, with a companion app on the computer? I got the free trial of Xbox Music pass, only to discover that windows made the awesome decision to make it only compatible with computer that run windows 8. Why Microsoft?

Thanks!
    11-10-2013 01:24 AM
    Have you installed the Zune software?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=EQJmqCQm
    11-10-2013 01:32 AM
    Zune software is for Windows Phone 7, not WIndows Phone 8. It won't help with an 8X.
    11-10-2013 01:36 AM
    Please check out this thread for music management. Hopefully it will help.
    11-10-2013 01:38 AM
    Zune software is for Windows Phone 7, not WIndows Phone 8. It won't help with an 8X.
    My apologies, you're right.

Just came from an HTC HD7.... :(
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-10-2013 01:50 AM
    This worked great on my old Dell running Win 7 64bit - Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

Just don't try and sync to two computers... Really messes things up... :)

I make playlists in WMP, then use the Windows Phone Program to sync them. You can also sync Music directly via WMP through the sync command in there. Amazing that that still works.
    11-18-2013 05:46 PM
    When the phone is plugged in, what do you see in Windows Device Manager?

With my Lumia, I have this:
    lumia-device-manager.jpg

If you get an unknown usb device, that suggests a driver problem or possibly a hardware fault.

It's worth trying it in a different usb port.
    11-19-2013 06:27 AM
    I have an 8x and found that if I powered off the phone, connected it to PC and then powered back on it installed drivers correctly

also ensure you have this installed 1st - Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United Kingdom)
    11-19-2013 07:12 AM
    I was having this problem with my Lumia 920 last month and tried a few things. The one thing that worked was keeping my phone connected to my computer and then rebooting it (the phone, that is). That did the trick. I was then able to browse my phone with the WP app I'd installed a few minutes beforehand but didn't even need it as I was able to browse normally on my computer itself again.
    11-19-2013 10:53 PM