Why do some treat WP 8 as inferior compare to other OS? Pay apps vs free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Re: Why everyone treat WP 8 as inferior compare to other OS?

Well,
WP app market already reach 190000 apps and soon it will reach 200000.
Some apps comes late on WP .so not a big problem because atleast it comes.

My question is their are lots of apps which are free on other platform but paid on WP. Why?
Why WP user have to pay for similar apps which Android users get it free?

and thing which most disappoint me is that even our Mobile Nation do the same thing.
Their app is free for all other OS except Window Phone. Why?
I know it's also available free but I am talking about quality here. The quality Mobile Nation offer free to other OS , we are getting it paid why?
(Please don't start thing that WPCentral app is better than Android Central or other mobile nation apps, before you comment this thing check YouTube videos and other sources because all apps are offering similar thing just UI is different)

Are you guys Ok with it that We have to paid for similar app which other get it free?

The other MN apps are just RSS readers a basic version of Tapatalk. They are not hard to develop and are basic compared to the WPCentral app. Please don't try to argue this I have used all the other MN apps. Next there used to be a WPC RSS reader app just like all the others but was decided that is was not needed. The WPCentral app developed by Jay is way better. It has a free version that is full function. Your MN argument is weak. Now if you want to argue other apps like Angry Birds I get you on that one. Truth be known I have 4 versions of Angry Birds all for free. They had a weekend giveaway a few weeks back. Keep an eye on our blog for deals on the apps you want.

Does WP have WeHartIt, Subway Surfers, Plants vs Zombies 2, - insert all iOS hot games - ? Does it? No.

Therefore, WP sucks. I admit it. It sucks. I would get an Android just to play the stupid **** games but then again I hate Android.

I told these Kilooțs bastards that I will pay $3 for their stupid game. Even suggested to make a KickStarter Project. FK I am so mad :crying:

Windows Phones games are some of the best out there. Check out Halo Spartan assault or Asphalt 8, those games rock. Instead of being mad about what you don't have why don't you rub it in their faces what they don't have.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Eh excuse me but I am fed up with watching my friends play GOOD Graphics game while I play *ehem*. Now do not tell me to get an Android because I hate them and iPhones are way too expensive.
Thus, I am waiting for iPad Mini 2.

I wish I knew all of your wants/needs in a device. You're stressing "games", but don't say, I need it to be portable, etc. If games are all you need, I can buy a laptop for what that mini 2 costs that I can play crysis 3 on on medium-high settings. No iPad can do that.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I wish I knew all of your wants/needs in a device. You're stressing "games", but don't say, I need it to be portable, etc. If games are all you need, I can buy a laptop for what that mini 2 costs that I can play crysis 3 on on medium-high settings. No iPad can do that.
Maybe because I want light games? Subway Surfers, Tap Tap 3D etc... $499 laptop that can play Crysis 3? Ok what?

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

You have to remember that everyone who develops for iOS has a Mac to do so. They can develop for iOS and Android very easily since both toolkits can run on OS X. To develop for Windows Phone, they have to pay $100 for a Windows license and bootcamp air run it in a virtual machine.

Most game frameworks are JUST now adding support for Windows Phone 8 too.

Those Mobile Nations apps are free because they are a POS. I bet you no one who actually visits their websites actually use them, they're THAT bad. They can just give into people just using Tapatalk and RSS readers.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm just getting started with WP and with WP Central and have been very impressed. I will gladly pay a buck to be spared the adds, which leaves more screen real estate for content. I'd pay more to rid the desktop version of ads, as they eat up the top third of a widescreen display and are of the intrusively aggressive type.

I also like to support the MN developers. I try to buy from their store sites when I can. They've come a long way with their inventory and delivery options. I do think it would help with new devices, like the 1520, if they could give us a heads up that, say, a new case model will be available in two weeks. I'd hold off and give MN my business

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lack of features and apps.

Features - no notification center, no quick toggles, no true digital assistant, no sound profiles.
Apps - still lacks many important apps that remain iOS exclusives like Nike FuelBand, Summly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon