Falling in love with windows phone all over again

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've always had a windows phone (6 different devices to date), although it's not always been my primary device. I even queued outside the vodafone store on uk launch day for the original windows phone 7 devices (mine was a HTC Trophy - which still works well!)
I have an unusual vision problem which means that brightness, contrast and adjacent colours all have an effect on how well I see a phone screen, so I quickly latched onto the light theme with crimson tiles and high brightness as the best combination for me to have the best viewing experience - and have used that combination ever since.

However, I recently bought a lumia 925, and was immediately quite disappointed with the light/crimson/bright combination, as the white isnt very bright, and the crimson tiles bleed badly into the white background when scrolling on the high brightness setting - which was a real problem for me.
I flipped over to the dark theme to see if that was better, but black and crimson was almost unreadable for me.
I was starting to wish I hadn't bothered buying the phone when I decided to try all of the tile colours with the dark theme. The light tiles gave off way too much glare on the high brightness setting, and the darker tile colours just blended into the black background and were unreadable.

Then I tried the Cyan tile color which to my surprised worked absolutely brilliantly !!!

Now that I've had this dark/cyan/high theme/brightness combo working for a few days, I have become re-enthralled with Windows Phone. I definitely think the dark theme is what Nokia phones are designed for, My black 925 with that deep deep black screen looks stunning when I scroll through my emails etc, and I have literally fallen in love with Windows Phone all over again.

Dean

:love::love::love::love::love::love:
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've always had a windows phone (6 different devices to date), although it's not always been my primary device. I even queued outside the vodafone store on uk launch day for the original windows phone 7 devices (mine was a HTC Trophy - which still works well!)
I have an unusual vision problem which means that brightness, contrast and adjacent colours all have an effect on how well I see a phone screen, so I quickly latched onto the light theme with crimson tiles and high brightness as the best combination for me to have the best viewing experience - and have used that combination ever since.

However, I recently bought a lumia 925, and was immediately quite disappointed with the light/crimson/bright combination, as the white isnt very bright, and the crimson tiles bleed badly into the white background when scrolling on the high brightness setting - which was a real problem for me.
I flipped over to the dark theme to see if that was better, but black and crimson was almost unreadable for me.
I was starting to wish I hadn't bothered buying the phone when I decided to try all of the tile colours with the dark theme. The light tiles gave off way too much glare on the high brightness setting, and the darker tile colours just blended into the black background and were unreadable.

Then I tried the Cyan tile color which to my surprised worked absolutely brilliantly !!!

Now that I've had this dark/cyan/high theme/brightness combo working for a few days, I have become re-enthralled with Windows Phone. I definitely think the dark theme is what Nokia phones are designed for, My black 925 with that deep deep black screen looks stunning when I scroll through my emails etc, and I have literally fallen in love with Windows Phone all over again.

Dean

:love::love::love::love::love::love:
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I had that exact issue on my ATIV S, didn't have the colour bleed issue though, and found that the Cyan tile colour worked best for me as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes