If nokia will go android

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure people want a nokia running on android but will it sell that well (I know its a broad topic)

with all the manufacturers on android like HTC and especially Samsung and a bunch of others will nokia see the light of success if they switch to android. So im just satisfied that nokia is just on WP at this moment :eek:rly:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why not. It won't sound death kneel for windows phone. They could still make wp phones and android phones. Their revenues could soar if they do it. Much like how Samsung keeps pumping phones after phones knowing there is a huge market for android phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is practically the only vendor making money on Android.

If Microsoft were to build a full featured phone running android, it would be a humongous vote of no confidence in their own operating system, and there is little to no upside for them.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Sure people want a nokia running on android but will it sell that well (I know its a broad topic)

with all the manufacturers on android like HTC and especially Samsung and a bunch of others will nokia see the light of success if they switch to android. So im just satisfied that nokia is just on WP at this moment :eek:rly:

Nokia would sell 5 million phones the first week, maybe the first weekend.

Samsung would need to step up the hardware game exponentially to keep their 80% market sales.

Win win. Hope it happens.

Last edited:

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I would give my 520 away the next minute! And would never own a Nokia/WP again my whole life.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
It would be a bad move on Microsoft's end. But what's left of Nokia that isn't joining MS may very well introduce android phones but they won't be the Nokia we know today.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It would be a bad move on Microsoft's end. But what's left of Nokia that isn't joining MS may very well introduce android phones but they won't be the Nokia we know today.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

That's not going to happen either. Nokia sold all of their manufacturing capabilities. With their sale to MSFT they essentially signaled they are out of the phone business forever.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
There are enough Android choices at the moment and we do not need Nokia with Android. WP is good enough. But i do have a wish and that is that Nokia (which will not be bought by MS) pairs with Jolla :D. I like Jolla and those are all old Nokia employess so they could build a great thing together.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention that Nokia would be violating the purchase agreement that bars them from reentering the market until January 2016.

Amazing how a little research and fact checking can lead people to the truth.

The problem is people will still start rumors regardless of the facts. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon