Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Coming from HTC OneX, I simply love my Lumia 920 for the quality of photos it takes. Nokia Camera is simply the best camera app I have seen.
Many apps like Email, People hub, OneNote, Nokia Mix Radio are like a breath of fresh air.
Though many apps leave a bad taste in my mouth.
I'll start with something as basic as SMS app.
In Android I can search all existing SMS for any keyword or for the number it came from.
Such basic facility is not present in WP8.
Any help with this ?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi,
Coming from HTC OneX, I simply love my Lumia 920 for the quality of photos it takes. Nokia Camera is simply the best camera app I have seen.
Many apps like Email, People hub, OneNote, Nokia Mix Radio are like a breath of fresh air.
Though many apps leave a bad taste in my mouth.
I'll start with something as basic as SMS app.
In Android I can search all existing SMS for any keyword or for the number it came from.
Such basic facility is not present in WP8.
Any help with this ?

Nope its just doesn't work that way. You will get many answers some saying universal search is coming. At this point we just don't know what exactly is coming. We get a few threads like yours from time to time. This is a missed feature for some people. I am one who never used it on my android devices so its not missed by me.

Here is a thread you might want to brows through:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/210477-official-what-wp-needs-succeed.html

I want to welcome you to WPC I am glad you mad the jump to WP.

That said I need to close this thread. We close some threads at times because we want to keep the conversation about common topics in one thread. We do this so answers to questions can be found easily and content stays searchable.

Enjoy your time on WPC we are glad your here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi