Best way to restore after hard reset

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok im thinking of doing a hard reset o my 8x again but last time was a pain in the .......

Now i know that i can select a restore point but what about my xbox music pass music?

What's the best way for me to download and resync the music?

Pictures would be easy if i recall as just drag and dropping from pc but the music will have its drm and last time i had to redownload them all as the didn't work after moving them across from pc.

How do you guys do it an easy way?

Regards

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive ? Don't use Xbox music though, so don't know if you can connect to skydrive...but I suspect that is the case.

Yes, pics and images can be copy/pasted through explorer on the PC.
Any other docs, ebooks and stuff stored on the SD or any of the standard phone folders (videos/documents/pictures) can also be copied like thaT.

Games/apps and text-messages are stored through settings->backup.
Turn those on and after the reset just restore from same setting.

Games/apps are also listed in your account on windowsphone.com, so all installed apps/games can also be found through there, and installed manually if desired.

Make sure that ANY files stored by specific APPS (like YoutubeHD, facebook, ...) are checked and if possible those stored files are uploaded to skydrive or backed up through other possible work-arounds (=not always possible though).

DRM music is a pain in the b***...I never buy DRM because of it. Imo if I buy music, I should be able to backup my own purchased songs.

This could maybe help in this regard :
Backing Up and Restoring of DRM Licenses (Windows)

...although it is within the context of desktop solutions only.

As mentioned here :
DRM free music files & Phone back up - Microsoft Community

...you can try with the Windows Phone app (only for Windows8 and surface).

And after a little bit of searching, apparently yes you can sync your music with Skydrive from the Xbox music app:
Syncing music FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb