Windows 8.1 update 1

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I heard the news. I saw the leaks. And I admit it is awesome. That a good move from Microsoft. But I've come to wondering how is this update gonna be delivered? I think it should be better through the Windows Store as I have got some group of friend who starting to make a good use of app in Windows Store. So they will see this update. How about you guys?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Likely through the Windows Marketplace: much akin to how they delivered Windows 8.1 for users upgrading from Widows 8.

QilleRz

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. But I heard a month ago, it will be delivered through Windows Update? And I see regular Windows user seems doesn't even bother with Windows Update :/

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
No, 8.1 update 1 will almost definitely be delivered through Windows Update, as it's just a normal .msu file currently in leaked form, meaning that it'll just patch the OS.

The reason that 8.1 needed to happen through the Store is that it doesn't follow normal mechanisms. Despite being only a .1 release, the process happens as a complete OS reinstall, which is entirely different from anything Windows Update has ever done.

And regular Windows users don't HAVE to mess with Windows Update. It happens automatically. In order to install 8.1, a user had to manually chose to install it. The former is far more likely to happen than the latter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck