download symbols on live tiles?

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've recently been getting a lot of these little download symbols on my live tiles. Here's what they look like.

When I click on the tile, it seems to do a brief update, lasts no longer than 15 seconds. Then the tile is back to normal, and I can click it and use it.

Normally, we get updates through the store on Windows 8, don't we? What are these little symbols for?

BTW, I've gotten them on both my Surface and my XPS, and they both started this past weekend. Nothing seems to be wrong, I just don't understand it.

Thanks for any explanations...

viber download.jpg

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
These little arrows are sometimes seen when you've done an upgrade to Windows. The apps with the little arrows indicate that the app requires downloading again. Usually just clicking on the app will automatically download and install that particular app for you. There have been a few people that have found the apps work fine but the little arrow is still present. If that's the case, you'll just need to Uninstall that app yourself and re-download it from the Store again and it should be fine then.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you running Windows 8 or 8.1?
8.1, and I've figured it out. I have a surface rt and a dell xps. Only 1 was set up to sync across devices. Switched it on, and apps installed on one, but not the other appear , but still need to be downloaded, hence thearrow symbols. Thanks everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon