File detection from sd card problem.

JustAUser1234

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i have Nokia Lumia 620.
The problem is that my SD Card is 2 GB and i stored 800 MB with music, videos etc. When i go to music player it doesn't display anything (It doesn't detect the files)
When i put the files on Phone Memory (With the SD Card out) all are running normal. So i have no other choice to put them on Phone Memory.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Does the phone see the SD card? Look in settings, phone storage. You should see the phone and the SD card, bottom two boxes 'store new' should say SD card.
Was the card formatted to start off with an empty card?

JustAUser1234

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I tried 2 another sd cards and the problem continues to appear.
And yes the phone detects the sd card, i did format at this card and the other 2 cards but the problem isnt solved.

P.S Now i saw that it doesn't save the files to Music+Video and it saves at "Another". Do you know how to change it or is it a bug?

Last edited:

crisstianz

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Only that, now, photos are affected too. Basically, any new photo or any new music file that I save on the SD card is categorized as others in Phone Storage> SD card. It's very frustrating because I'm limited to only the phone's memory and that's not much (Lumia 520). So, any photo that I take must be stored in to the phone's memory in order to acces it later. What is weird though, is that OneDrive photo upload is still working allthough the file is on the SD card as other. The only way I can open files on the SD card is through Pocket File Manager... Any other suggestions?!

Oh, and let us not forget! It's the same thing with music files and video files...

From what I can see, it's a relativ new OS bug. Maybe someone from Nokia or Microsoft care to take some time in to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahuee