WP8.1: What is the left feature which you want in WP8.1??

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I read on wpc forums here, someone had put a long long long list, and it included fingerprint scanner in wp8.1. Anyway, what i really want is actionable notifications...
The resuming screen is going away for good because they've mentioned that its gonna be more like win8RT, with apps not being closed everytime. and also, in the videos by unleashthephones, i could see that in transitions, there's no longer a black screen before a transition starts, and that's cool because that means faster phone :)

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Fair point, but I also find the tiles tiring to look at. Years ago, I did a short design course in how to avoid making users sick. According to what we were told, lots of animation in unrelated places is particularly stressful for users - our brains are attracted to movement and lots of different movement happening at once is certainly not relaxing. It's like having several lions attacking you at once. :)The large blocks of bright colours can also cause eyestrain.

I don't know how true this is, but I'd be interested to know if WP (and WinRT and Windows 8) users report higher levels of headaches, etc, than users of other UIs.

I would agree with that some but not as part of the live tiles. I think they nailed the design well on that. What does drive me crazy is when developers needlessly hide useful live tile data in rotation. One state has the live info and then another has nothing. It makes you have to wait to see what was there. I had one music app that would rotate between the active song and the pinned song/playlist. In rotation they could both look the same if pinned next to each other.

I uninstalled The Weather Channel app after they went to an ad provider that was using larger and moving ads. It was horrible.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
To reiterate what some have mentioned already and then some:
* picture password (even an option to sync with Ms account)
* actionable notifications (if they aren't there now since rumored but not in SDK leak)
* voice input os wide (I talked about this in another thread on the subject)
* better Skype integration in the os
* better office experience. (for example, seeing the redline changes, approve or reject then send back)
* more app intercepts for tasks to support smartwatch, etch
* better organized settings page (like how control panel is done in win8)
* allow more than 1 app to hook into messenger app to really make a messenger hub.
* flick for forward and back in IE like metro IE
* create album in photos section.
* unselect albums for show on live tile

I'm sure I could think of more too... I understand they can't do EVERYTHING for 8.1 but hopefully now that they are really catching up they can start innovating more as well as continuing to catch up on a faster schedule.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
* better organized settings page (like how control panel is done in win8)

That could probably be accomplished through a simple 3rd party app. I think the action center will help some too since they can be pinned.

I agree with all the other points too.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I loved a feature in Symbian which was to read out the name of the person calling but I guess somehow its not available in WP.. I might be missing something.. Please correct me if i'm wrong.. and if it's not there in WP I'll love to have it!!!

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Notification light on windows key :) have it glow if you have it pulse if you have a notification

I like this idea except they are removing the requirement for OEMs to have a physical button and the windows key is now in the OS nav bar so this wouldn't work on all phones. But otherwise I think it's a great idea (except I think Samsung phones don't have a button that could glow).

Anuj Jain

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
call recorder, free nokia music, to be able to share mp3 on watsapp, save mp3 recieved on watsapp, prompt to turn on bluetooth when trying to share the file, betfair app, if nokia music cant be made free than an app to download music with ability to export to media hub directly.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I loved a feature in Symbian which was to read out the name of the person calling but I guess somehow its not available in WP.. I might be missing something.. Please correct me if i'm wrong.. and if it's not there in WP I'll love to have it!!!

settings > ease of access > enable "Speech for phone accessibility"

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a text while out jogging using Bluetooth earphones (Samsung HS3000) and that read out the name of the person texting me and asking if I wanted to Reply or Ignore. I don't remember setting up anything special to make it do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12